Author Topic: Safety part problem  (Read 815 times)

Offline Germanguy45

Safety part problem
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:46:06 AM »
So I was taking my gun completely apart. When I pop the safety out this came out with it
Where does that little heart shape thing go?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline frgood

Re: Safety part problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
My guess is that is it the 'Safety Detent  Plunger'.  It works with the 'Safety Plunger Spring' and is installed in the 'Safety'. What confuses me is that I thought there was a hole in the Plunger. So I am slightly perplexed.
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Offline chimera8

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
There should be a spring, hopefully still in the lever, the detent compresses it into the shaft. The little shoulders on the pointy end should lock it into position behind the short button in the middle of the lever.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »
It would probably be very helpful if you identified just what Pistol (Brand and model) this part came out of.  ???

The Safety looks like it came out of a Tanfoglio based Cz Clone, but I would rather know for sure.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:09:55 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Germanguy45

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:33:11 PM »
Sorry about that look like my text didn't get type out for some reason. Its a eaa witness 10mm Polymer recently just got it.

Offline Germanguy45

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
My guess is that is it the 'Safety Detent  Plunger'.  It works with the 'Safety Plunger Spring' and is installed in the 'Safety'. What confuses me is that I thought there was a hole in the Plunger. So I am slightly perplexed.

Here are some better pics

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
Looks allot like the CZ P series setup, but slightly different. Spring goes in the hole and the detent goes in like this (pictured). Looks like yours has a catch for the tip of the detent instead of a round button like in the picture. Hopefully those forum members more knowledgeable with the Witness can confirm or set me straight.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:43:20 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Germanguy45

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
Looks allot like the CZ P series setup, but slightly different. Spring goes in the hole and the detent goes in like this (pictured). Looks like yours has a catch for the tip of the detent instead of a round button like in the picture. Hopefully those forum members more knowledgeable with the Witness can confirm or set me straight.

So like this?

Offline Germanguy45

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
I got the safety working, ran into another problem. The slide is not going fully back.

I don't know what the problem is I've taken this gun apart many times and haven't had this trouble.

Offline Germanguy45

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
My previous post was my mess up. I'm having problems with the interrupter. When I pull my hammer back to put seer in, it doesn't catch all the way like this
Is it supposed to be like that?