Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Chilidip

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »

Interesting that the S2 guns seem to be shipping from the factory without targets. I'm happy with the gun.

Both of my Shadow 2's shipped with the exact same type of test target target every other CZ I have bought came with.

Offline rhart

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »

Interesting that the S2 guns seem to be shipping from the factory without targets. I'm happy with the gun.

Both of my Shadow 2's shipped with the exact same type of test target target every other CZ I have bought came with.

The electronic type test targets or targets with actual bullet holes? Did you get them from CZ Custom or somewhere else?

Offline Chilidip

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
Electronic test targets.  I'm in Canada so not from CZ Custom.

Offline rhart

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
Electronic test targets.  I'm in Canada so not from CZ Custom.

There have been two different posters who didn't go through CZC who say they didn't get test targets. That's strange, since CZ is obviously shpping at least some guns with test targets - to you all in Canada anyway. It doesn't make sense to ship some with and some without. Puzzling...

Offline aceman4

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 11:38:57 PM »
Don't think aceman purchased from czc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, I didn't purchase from CZC. No test target in the box and I thought it was strange.

Offline Shadow2

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 10:35:33 PM »
2 shadow 2s .ll some guys are still waiting for the first

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
Just got my CZ from CZC. Actual test target with holes.

Offline rhart

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 11:34:10 PM »
Just got my CZ from CZC. Actual test target with holes.

Did you get an electronic one as well?

Offline rhart

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:12 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Nice! I will likely be ordering a CGW hammer + disco tomorrow. I think I want to hand file my sear, but I am not sure.

Offline rhart

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 05:00:15 PM »
I shot the S2 again last night and it really is a pleasure to shoot. Stuart from CZC told me the CZC target is shot off-hand at 10 yards for checking the sights - dang, I was hoping it was shot at 25 yards.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:03:54 PM by rhart »

Offline spiritfox

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 09:35:52 AM »
I am certainly no expert on competition firearms but the Shadow 2 is certainly the best handgun I've fired.  I'm sure it can do amazing things in the right hand.  But for me, I can really see a difference in my overall accuracy.  I really enjoyed using it yesterday in Steel Challenge--was the first time I felt like I was actually in a competition (only started competing in December).  But this was my best match and I feel the Shadow 2 really did give me more confidence. 

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »
Took my new Shadow 2 to the range  a few days back.
I was very pleasantly surprised (just a little as I own a  Sp-01 Tac).
 the subtle differences in the barrel weight forward, the frame, and the bigger differences of the sights were immediately noticed by me.
the trigger was great and the reset much better than my Sp-01 tac and its not a bad gun by any means.
 had 3-4 accidental double taps  in the first 50 rounds shot due to the light trigger and short reset.
 the gun was very accurate, I ran 200 rounds through it with no problems (as expected).
shot distances ran from 7 yards to 25 yards  and I was pleased with the results.
 I would buy it again after shooting it , so that pretty much sums up how well I like it.

Offline rhart

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »
Took my new Shadow 2 to the range  a few days back.
I was very pleasantly surprised (just a little as I own a  Sp-01 Tac).
 the subtle differences in the barrel weight forward, the frame, and the bigger differences of the sights were immediately noticed by me.
the trigger was great and the reset much better than my Sp-01 tac and its not a bad gun by any means.
 had 3-4 accidental double taps  in the first 50 rounds shot due to the light trigger and short reset.
 the gun was very accurate, I ran 200 rounds through it with no problems (as expected).
shot distances ran from 7 yards to 25 yards  and I was pleased with the results.
 I would buy it again after shooting it , so that pretty much sums up how well I like it.

Same here. The more I shoot it the more satisfied with my purchase I become.

Offline rhart

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 06:41:06 PM »
I am certainly no expert on competition firearms but the Shadow 2 is certainly the best handgun I've fired.  I'm sure it can do amazing things in the right hand.  But for me, I can really see a difference in my overall accuracy.  I really enjoyed using it yesterday in Steel Challenge--was the first time I felt like I was actually in a competition (only started competing in December).  But this was my best match and I feel the Shadow 2 really did give me more confidence.

I think it was O. Henry who wrote a short story titled "The clothes Make the Man" (or something to that effect). The basic premise is that psychologically one shoots better with a high-performance gun (LOL I made that up).

anything