Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Thechef1

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Nice! I will likely be ordering a CGW hammer + disco tomorrow. I think I want to hand file my sear, but I am not sure.

How do you like the hammer? I have the CGW t3 disco, ultralite kit, and RPTRS but didn't spring for the hammer yet. My trigger does have some creep and id like to get it more crisp so interested to know it that helps out.

Also I bought mine in the US and it came without any sort of target.

Offline rhart

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Nice! I will likely be ordering a CGW hammer + disco tomorrow. I think I want to hand file my sear, but I am not sure.

How do you like the hammer? I have the CGW t3 disco, ultralite kit, and RPTRS but didn't spring for the hammer yet. My trigger does have some creep and id like to get it more crisp so interested to know it that helps out.

I like it a lot. It takes almost all of he creep out and gives a nice crisp break. The race hammer may be even better.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
Rhart,  re your comment about a high end comp. gun and  shooting better:
I do believe having full confidence  in the firearm does make you shoot better.  To live UP to the gun's qualities it drives me to really concentrate on the basics.  To have bad shots with said pistol is embarrassing.
Like JoeL always says,  it's the shooter not the gun. 

But,  great ergonomics and trigger does make it more natural to have good basics.
Sure felt good to me but a little on the heavy side.
Did it affect your draw and shoot times?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »

Hammer is the first thing I would have upgraded. I don't have my CGW hammer yet as I'm waiting for NP3 coating, but I have my CZC hammer in right now, and it's worlds better than the OEM hammer.

I definitely shoot better with my S2 than my 85C because of the ergos and checkering. I have a much better grip and do not spend as much time reacquiring grip.

Offline rhart

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »
I do believe having full confidence  in the firearm does make you shoot better.  To live UP to the gun's qualities it drives me to really concentrate on the basics.  To have bad shots with said pistol is embarrassing.

But,  great ergonomics and trigger does make it more natural to have good basics.

I really don't notice the weight. I haven't gotten a holster for it yet, since it's not production legal yet so I haven't used it in competition. I have practiced with it and it feels to me like I can control the recoil a little better.

Offline rhart

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »

Hammer is the first thing I would have upgraded. I don't have my CGW hammer yet as I'm waiting for NP3 coating, but I have my CZC hammer in right now, and it's worlds better than the OEM hammer.

I definitely shoot better with my S2 than my 85C because of the ergos and checkering. I have a much better grip and do not spend as much time reacquiring grip.

I agree. The hammer is probably the most bang for the bucks - especially when combined with a short reset disco.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 09:22:44 AM »

I really don't notice the weight. I haven't gotten a holster for it yet, since it's not production legal yet so I haven't used it in competition. I have practiced with it and it feels to me like I can control the recoil a little better.

I'm just going to run mine in Limited or Open.

anything