Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Raining_Brass

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:54 PM »
Are the guns that are tested at the factory shot by a human or ransom rest?
My Shadow 2's test target says the group is 54mm which equates to a 2.1" group at 25 yards. That seems like an absolutely incredible group for a factory gun. That's Accu Shadow territory. Am I reading the test target incorrectly?

Offline TruckinThumper

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
My Shadow 2's test target says the group is 54mm which equates to a 2.1" group at 25 yards. That seems like an absolutely incredible group for a factory gun. That's Accu Shadow territory. Am I reading the test target incorrectly?

Dont know, but I can hit an A zone size steel plate at 50 yards.....that maybe 5" tall x 3" wide.

The pistol is extremely accurate.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Haven't shot mine yet but I'm very pleased with it from dry firing about 500 times. I'm not as good of a shot as my test target shows so I know the gun will be more than accurate enough for me!

Offline rhart

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »

Those who have visited the factory say humans shoot off a bench rest.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 09:14:32 AM »
Shadow 2 - Worth it?

I say hell yes after shooting mine for the first time. First mag through it I punched out a 1" dot torture hole with zero fliers at 7 yards - with very minimal effort and a fairly quick rate of fire. Gun continued to impress me the rest of the range trip. I don't shoot any of my other pistols nearly as well as this gun.

Offline rhart

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Shadow 2 - Worth it?

I say hell yes after shooting mine for the first time. First mag through it I punched out a 1" dot torture hole with zero fliers at 7 yards - with very minimal effort and a fairly quick rate of fire. Gun continued to impress me the rest of the range trip. I don't shoot any of my other pistols nearly as well as this gun.

Outstanding! Glad you are pleased with it.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
MY Shadow 2 has settled in nicely , I am at about 6-700 rounds I would guess.
 I have been shooting a 25 yard 50 round grouping of about 5-6 inches.
thats good for me and as good as any of my 1911's and better than my 97BD or Sp-01.
its about on par with my Tanfoglio Elite match in 38 Super.
it has been flawless in operation with a variety of  projectiles.

Offline rhart

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »
thats good for me and as good as any of my 1911's and better than my 97BD or Sp-01.

Good for you. Mine has been flawless as well with everything but FM 147 grain JHPs, which failed the plunk test so I haven't shot them in it - it does eat up the FM 147 gr. RN ammo though. I am somewhere around 2,000 rounds downrange with the S2. I did manage to get one 25-yard, 5-shot group that was a little over 1" one time with it, off a bench rest using 115 gr. JHP ammo from FM. I've never shot a 50-round group at 25-yards, though I may try it now.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »

Good for you. Mine has been flawless as well with everything but FM 147 grain JHPs, which failed the plunk test so I haven't shot them in it - it does eat up the FM 147 gr. RN ammo though. I am somewhere around 2,000 rounds downrange with the S2. I did manage to get one 25-yard, 5-shot group that was a little over 1" one time with it, off a bench rest using 115 gr. JHP ammo from FM. I've never shot a 50-round group at 25-yards, though I may try it now.
Holy ****.

Offline rhart

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Ha, ha. That was one out of 50 or 60 groups. I wish I could do it every time... or every other time... or once every 5 times...
I got lucky and matched the 1.3" factory group with my SP01 Shadow - only once though - and the group looked very similar to the factory target pattern. The guns can do it every time I believe - I can't.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
I am an old man, about half blind now.
 I occasionally shoot just for 5 shot accuracy as another forum that I belong to has a monthly competition.
 but honestly I shoot for self defense, even my Shadow II, my Elite Match, and even my better quality 1911's, but I do like to know that I can hit at extended ranges IF I need to.
I shoot pretty much exclusively standing unsupported.
took a regular EAA witness to the range yesterday, fired 100 rounds of 10 MM at ranges from 7 -25 yards and everything was in the 9-10 ring except for one 7 ring in the upper left shoulder area.
 I can live with that and am satisfied IF I can keep everything in the 8 ring at extended distances.
 it is impressive what some people can shoot with a good set up though.

Offline monadhclann

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
I just got it today, but I'd say yes (I posted a pic of it, but it was just too big to leave it)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:04:54 PM by monadhclann »