Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 27780 times)

Offline Thechef1

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Nice! I will likely be ordering a CGW hammer + disco tomorrow. I think I want to hand file my sear, but I am not sure.

How do you like the hammer? I have the CGW t3 disco, ultralite kit, and RPTRS but didn't spring for the hammer yet. My trigger does have some creep and id like to get it more crisp so interested to know it that helps out.

Also I bought mine in the US and it came without any sort of target.

Offline rhart

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a competition hammer kit from CGW tonight. I couldn't see not having a fancy saddle on a thoroughbred. Also ordered the type 1 disconnector and RPTS with floating trigger pin.

Nice! I will likely be ordering a CGW hammer + disco tomorrow. I think I want to hand file my sear, but I am not sure.

How do you like the hammer? I have the CGW t3 disco, ultralite kit, and RPTRS but didn't spring for the hammer yet. My trigger does have some creep and id like to get it more crisp so interested to know it that helps out.

I like it a lot. It takes almost all of he creep out and gives a nice crisp break. The race hammer may be even better.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
Rhart,  re your comment about a high end comp. gun and  shooting better:
I do believe having full confidence  in the firearm does make you shoot better.  To live UP to the gun's qualities it drives me to really concentrate on the basics.  To have bad shots with said pistol is embarrassing.
Like JoeL always says,  it's the shooter not the gun. 

But,  great ergonomics and trigger does make it more natural to have good basics.
Sure felt good to me but a little on the heavy side.
Did it affect your draw and shoot times?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »

Hammer is the first thing I would have upgraded. I don't have my CGW hammer yet as I'm waiting for NP3 coating, but I have my CZC hammer in right now, and it's worlds better than the OEM hammer.

I definitely shoot better with my S2 than my 85C because of the ergos and checkering. I have a much better grip and do not spend as much time reacquiring grip.

Offline rhart

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »
I do believe having full confidence  in the firearm does make you shoot better.  To live UP to the gun's qualities it drives me to really concentrate on the basics.  To have bad shots with said pistol is embarrassing.

But,  great ergonomics and trigger does make it more natural to have good basics.

I really don't notice the weight. I haven't gotten a holster for it yet, since it's not production legal yet so I haven't used it in competition. I have practiced with it and it feels to me like I can control the recoil a little better.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).

Offline rhart

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »

Hammer is the first thing I would have upgraded. I don't have my CGW hammer yet as I'm waiting for NP3 coating, but I have my CZC hammer in right now, and it's worlds better than the OEM hammer.

I definitely shoot better with my S2 than my 85C because of the ergos and checkering. I have a much better grip and do not spend as much time reacquiring grip.

I agree. The hammer is probably the most bang for the bucks - especially when combined with a short reset disco.
Musashi:

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 09:22:44 AM »

I really don't notice the weight. I haven't gotten a holster for it yet, since it's not production legal yet so I haven't used it in competition. I have practiced with it and it feels to me like I can control the recoil a little better.

I'm just going to run mine in Limited or Open.

Offline trigg3r

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:44 AM »
My Australian delivered S2 came with the electronic test target.

Definitely worth the purchase, absolutely loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline rhart

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »
My Australian delivered S2 came with the electronic test target.

Definitely worth the purchase, absolutely loving it!

What kind of accuracy are you getting out of it?
Musashi:

Offline trigg3r

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »
Best I've had offhand (one handed ISSF style) at 25m / yards is a 3" group of 5 shots. The gun is way more accurate than I am... haven't benched it yet, but going off that I'm extremely impressed. This was with 115gr PPU LRN ammo.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
 Have shot a few rounds through my Shadow 2 , just  passed 1200 rounds actually, no--nada--zero malfunctions of any kind.
115 RN, 115 HP, 124 Hp.
the weapon has smoothed out quite nicely.
 I recently shot 200 rounds of 115 grain plated RN  from 7 yards to 25 yards ( about an equal number 27-28 at 7-10-12-15-18-21-25 yards) and ended up with a  grouping of about 7- 8 inches (everything in the 9-10 ring) , thats standing unsupported.
I am not a competition shooter  by any means.
IT has turned out to be a very accurate weapon and I imagine that it will get better.
 I will say  that my EAA (Tanfoglio) Elite Match is just as accurate and reliable and cost about half of what the Shadow 2 did, so its likely the best buy.

Offline rhart

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
Have shot a few rounds through my Shadow 2 , just  passed 1200 rounds actually, no--nada--zero malfunctions of any kind.
115 RN, 115 HP, 124 Hp.
the weapon has smoothed out quite nicely.
 I recently shot 200 rounds of 115 grain plated RN  from 7 yards to 25 yards ( about an equal number 27-28 at 7-10-12-15-18-21-25 yards) and ended up with a  grouping of about 7- 8 inches (everything in the 9-10 ring) , thats standing unsupported.
I am not a competition shooter  by any means.
IT has turned out to be a very accurate weapon and I imagine that it will get better.
 I will say  that my EAA (Tanfoglio) Elite Match is just as accurate and reliable and cost about half of what the Shadow 2 did, so its likely the best buy.

I've got somewhere around 1500 rounds through mine without any malfunctions - shooting mostly 147 grain RN from Freedom Munitions. I shot my first match with it this past Sunday and it performed well. I saw a Tanfoglio at the local LGS a year or so ago, but it was in the $950 range - not sure about the specific model (was stainless), but it looked a lot like the S2 IIRC. I would have probably bought it, but it was gone when I went back to take a second look about a week later.
Musashi:

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
Took my new Shadow 2 to the range  a few days back.
I was very pleasantly surprised (just a little as I own a  Sp-01 Tac).
 the subtle differences in the barrel weight forward, the frame, and the bigger differences of the sights were immediately noticed by me.
the trigger was great and the reset much better than my Sp-01 tac and its not a bad gun by any means.
 had 3-4 accidental double taps  in the first 50 rounds shot due to the light trigger and short reset.
 the gun was very accurate, I ran 200 rounds through it with no problems (as expected).
shot distances ran from 7 yards to 25 yards  and I was pleased with the results.
 I would buy it again after shooting it , so that pretty much sums up how well I like it.

Hey guys I was going to start a New thread but was reading this and caught the comparison above so thought I would throw a few questions at ya !  I have a SP-01 Tac in 9mm already and LOVE it but I WANT a S2 !! No other reason other than "wanting" ! I shoot limited competition,,some IDPA and some USPSA but am kinda tired of the whole scene . So with that said it will be a range gun and goofing around mostly,shooting steel @ my buddies range but being that it is USPSA legal I would use it for that on the occasion that I go to a match. So with that said is the weight/undercut frame and extra goodies in it worth the difference compared to just sending my SP-01 Tac to Cajun GW and give it the full Pro Pak. Money is "always" a problem but for what its worth I have the $$$ for the S2 @ the moment but just wondering if the CGW Pro Kit will be close and give me similar results . There is no accuracy issues at all with my SP-01 so its will be mostly trigger work and the other things that the CGWs kit offers. With the $$$ I save I can buy more mags and reloading goodies, ;D,,LOL Anyways tell me what ya think when ya get a min and I appreciate any thoughts or ideals.  :)

Same here. The more I shoot it the more satisfied with my purchase I become.

Offline rhart

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »
Took my new Shadow 2 to the range  a few days back.
I was very pleasantly surprised (just a little as I own a  Sp-01 Tac).
 the subtle differences in the barrel weight forward, the frame, and the bigger differences of the sights were immediately noticed by me.
the trigger was great and the reset much better than my Sp-01 tac and its not a bad gun by any means.
 had 3-4 accidental double taps  in the first 50 rounds shot due to the light trigger and short reset.
 the gun was very accurate, I ran 200 rounds through it with no problems (as expected).
shot distances ran from 7 yards to 25 yards  and I was pleased with the results.
 I would buy it again after shooting it , so that pretty much sums up how well I like it.

Hey guys I was going to start a New thread but was reading this and caught the comparison above so thought I would throw a few questions at ya !  I have a SP-01 Tac in 9mm already and LOVE it but I WANT a S2 !! No other reason other than "wanting" ! I shoot limited competition,,some IDPA and some USPSA but am kinda tired of the whole scene . So with that said it will be a range gun and goofing around mostly,shooting steel @ my buddies range but being that it is USPSA legal I would use it for that on the occasion that I go to a match. So with that said is the weight/undercut frame and extra goodies in it worth the difference compared to just sending my SP-01 Tac to Cajun GW and give it the full Pro Pak. Money is "always" a problem but for what its worth I have the $$$ for the S2 @ the moment but just wondering if the CGW Pro Kit will be close and give me similar results . There is no accuracy issues at all with my SP-01 so its will be mostly trigger work and the other things that the CGWs kit offers. With the $$$ I save I can buy more mags and reloading goodies, ;D,,LOL Anyways tell me what ya think when ya get a min and I appreciate any thoughts or ideals.  :)

Same here. The more I shoot it the more satisfied with my purchase I become.

I had an SP01 with a CZC Accu-bushing and an SP01 Shadow (both really nice guns) and I bought the S2 instead of doing more to either of them - glad I did now.
Musashi:

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 12:53:31 AM »
Yea I know I won't regret it that's for sure ! Just looking at other options,,LOL I should just buy it and be done with it ! Thanks for the reply.