Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 27894 times)

Offline Raining_Brass

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:54 PM »
Are the guns that are tested at the factory shot by a human or ransom rest?
My Shadow 2's test target says the group is 54mm which equates to a 2.1" group at 25 yards. That seems like an absolutely incredible group for a factory gun. That's Accu Shadow territory. Am I reading the test target incorrectly?

Offline TruckinThumper

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
My Shadow 2's test target says the group is 54mm which equates to a 2.1" group at 25 yards. That seems like an absolutely incredible group for a factory gun. That's Accu Shadow territory. Am I reading the test target incorrectly?

Dont know, but I can hit an A zone size steel plate at 50 yards.....that maybe 5" tall x 3" wide.

The pistol is extremely accurate.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Haven't shot mine yet but I'm very pleased with it from dry firing about 500 times. I'm not as good of a shot as my test target shows so I know the gun will be more than accurate enough for me!

Offline rhart

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »

Those who have visited the factory say humans shoot off a bench rest.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 09:14:32 AM »
Shadow 2 - Worth it?

I say hell yes after shooting mine for the first time. First mag through it I punched out a 1" dot torture hole with zero fliers at 7 yards - with very minimal effort and a fairly quick rate of fire. Gun continued to impress me the rest of the range trip. I don't shoot any of my other pistols nearly as well as this gun.

Offline rhart

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Shadow 2 - Worth it?

I say hell yes after shooting mine for the first time. First mag through it I punched out a 1" dot torture hole with zero fliers at 7 yards - with very minimal effort and a fairly quick rate of fire. Gun continued to impress me the rest of the range trip. I don't shoot any of my other pistols nearly as well as this gun.

Outstanding! Glad you are pleased with it.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
MY Shadow 2 has settled in nicely , I am at about 6-700 rounds I would guess.
 I have been shooting a 25 yard 50 round grouping of about 5-6 inches.
thats good for me and as good as any of my 1911's and better than my 97BD or Sp-01.
its about on par with my Tanfoglio Elite match in 38 Super.
it has been flawless in operation with a variety of  projectiles.

Offline rhart

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »
thats good for me and as good as any of my 1911's and better than my 97BD or Sp-01.

Good for you. Mine has been flawless as well with everything but FM 147 grain JHPs, which failed the plunk test so I haven't shot them in it - it does eat up the FM 147 gr. RN ammo though. I am somewhere around 2,000 rounds downrange with the S2. I did manage to get one 25-yard, 5-shot group that was a little over 1" one time with it, off a bench rest using 115 gr. JHP ammo from FM. I've never shot a 50-round group at 25-yards, though I may try it now.
Musashi:

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »

Good for you. Mine has been flawless as well with everything but FM 147 grain JHPs, which failed the plunk test so I haven't shot them in it - it does eat up the FM 147 gr. RN ammo though. I am somewhere around 2,000 rounds downrange with the S2. I did manage to get one 25-yard, 5-shot group that was a little over 1" one time with it, off a bench rest using 115 gr. JHP ammo from FM. I've never shot a 50-round group at 25-yards, though I may try it now.
Holy ****.

Offline rhart

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Ha, ha. That was one out of 50 or 60 groups. I wish I could do it every time... or every other time... or once every 5 times...
I got lucky and matched the 1.3" factory group with my SP01 Shadow - only once though - and the group looked very similar to the factory target pattern. The guns can do it every time I believe - I can't.
Musashi:

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
I am an old man, about half blind now.
 I occasionally shoot just for 5 shot accuracy as another forum that I belong to has a monthly competition.
 but honestly I shoot for self defense, even my Shadow II, my Elite Match, and even my better quality 1911's, but I do like to know that I can hit at extended ranges IF I need to.
I shoot pretty much exclusively standing unsupported.
took a regular EAA witness to the range yesterday, fired 100 rounds of 10 MM at ranges from 7 -25 yards and everything was in the 9-10 ring except for one 7 ring in the upper left shoulder area.
 I can live with that and am satisfied IF I can keep everything in the 8 ring at extended distances.
 it is impressive what some people can shoot with a good set up though.

Offline monadhclann

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
I just got it today, but I'd say yes (I posted a pic of it, but it was just too big to leave it)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:04:54 PM by monadhclann »

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
I am selling off my Shadow Custom's to get a second one. 

These frames are amazing - trigger is decent out of the box - enough to where maybe springs will be "enough" to square it away. 

Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 04:06:51 PM »
Goodness this Shadow -2 just keeps getting better and better for me.
 accuracy has  gotten better at longer distances as well.
 shot 50 rounds of defensive practice  5-7-15 yards  and everything was in the dead center  forehead and  heart with about 3-4 inch groups, about half of this was  2 to COM and 1 to forehead at a quick pace.
the thing just lingers on target when its shot.
I likely.

Offline TonyB

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2017, 10:31:12 PM »

<SNIP>

I thought the best way to figure it out was to consider what it would take to make the Shadow1 like the S2 (all prices are guestimates):
Front and back strap checkering  - $150
Rear sight - $50
Long slide - $? (longer barrel alone is probably around $200)
Undercut trigger - $150
Re-finish after checkering and trigger undercutting - $150

<SNIP>
Using those figures it's absolutely worth it ... As a newbie that finds the Shadow2 to be a very handsome pistol, and at the top of my "want list" and I'm looking forward to the  coming gunshows and hunting down other CZ's, epically the 75's and similar models.

I'm really enjoying reading this and similar posts.

Other than a CZ52 I've owned for 20+ years and an 82 I've had for 10 or so years, I'm newish to the CZ line ...
I was an early adopter of the Scorpion EVO; it brought the CZ line back into consideration. I picked up a VZ 61 & 62, the Bren 805 PS1 (which it and the EVO I SBR'd) and most recently picked up a CZ 75 TS ... To say I'm smitten with the CZ line would be an understatement.
I find them all to be well built but the newer models to be very comfortable to use, with the exception of the Bren cheekrest ... To remedy this I'm looking into an adapter that would allow a Bushmaster ACR stock.