Author Topic: Crazy things my carry permit class instructor said:  (Read 4522 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Crazy things my carry permit class instructor said:
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »
ugh! Please. enough of the "you can't tell me what to do crap"

There are a ton of quality instructors on this forum alone that can provide all of us with optimal knowledge and training to be safe, proficient concealed carriers. There are also enough intelligent people within this forum capable of collectively, intelligently, and with consensus develop a reasonable curriculum and social baseline.

Regarding personal rights infringement. Even the founding fathers did not develop a system of anarchy. We are all quite aware of the wording of our Constitution and its Amendments. Some have even read the Federalist papers entirely. The question is not about stomping on our collective rights. I think the question should be how to manage our society effectively. Some form of management is to be expected. It really is in everyone's best interest for each of us to speak our piece and then all vote on how we should proceed. Sounds familiar?
100% agree with you. I seriously don't understand why people think it's okay to issue CCW permits to people who can't hit a piece of paper at 10 yards.

It's not like their ability to own a gun is diminished. They just need training until they can be trusted to wield it in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2bfree

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »
Here in Wa there is no test or class to get a ccw permit ( called a CPL here) you pay your 52.00 give them your finger prints and pass their back ground check and it shows up in your mail in about 3 weeks. Wa has no higher rate of AD's or bad shootings then those states that have all that other cr_p and hoops to pass. As a side note, My gun club has a 1 hr class and a live fire test (shooting a 24X24 inch target at 15 yards, Loading 2,3,1,4, watching your gun handing  skill ) All 10 shots must hit the target. That is to use the pistol range. Now if they could only get the gang bangers in Seattle to take a test I might be for that.

Offline Inusuit

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:54 PM »

100% agree with you. I seriously don't understand why people think it's okay to issue CCW permits to people who can't hit a piece of paper at 10 yards.  It's not like their ability to own a gun is diminished. They just need training until they can be trusted to wield it in public. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk /quote]

I seriously don't understand why people think it's okay to hire reporters who can't write a coherent sentence in English or tell truth from lies.  They just need training until they can be trusted to exercise their First Amendment rights. ::)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
ugh! Please. enough of the "you can't tell me what to do crap"

There are a ton of quality instructors on this forum alone that can provide all of us with optimal knowledge and training to be safe, proficient concealed carriers. There are also enough intelligent people within this forum capable of collectively, intelligently, and with consensus develop a reasonable curriculum and social baseline.

Regarding personal rights infringement. Even the founding fathers did not develop a system of anarchy. We are all quite aware of the wording of our Constitution and its Amendments. Some have even read the Federalist papers entirely. The question is not about stomping on our collective rights. I think the question should be how to manage our society effectively. Some form of management is to be expected. It really is in everyone's best interest for each of us to speak our piece and then all vote on how we should proceed. Sounds familiar?
100% agree with you. I seriously don't understand why people think it's okay to issue CCW permits to people who can't hit a piece of paper at 10 yards.

It's not like their ability to own a gun is diminished. They just need training until they can be trusted to wield it in public.

This BS is getting long in the tooth for sure. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED MEANS EXACTLY THAT. There's no proficiency test for any one before they are deemed "safe" to exercise their constitutional rights. There's no evidence to show that these so called inexperienced people are a danger to anyone just because some people who think they have the moral high ground because they have a higher level of experience think they should dictate who gets a permit and who does not.
Tell ya'll what else all those who think they are proficient need to remember it's a whole different ball game when the targets are shooting back at you. Will your proficiency and experience be enough? Will you be able to function when you are scared and on a full adrenaline dump? I hope none of us ever has to find out. Could be we find we weren't as good as we thought we were.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »
Here's what I don't get-- some want to infringe upon CCW, "Must have a certain level of training." Yet not one person said the same about open carry?
   Are you saying you don't need the same level of training open vs. CCW? Probably not, it just would definitely be infringing if you mentioned open carry wouldn't it!? There's not one difference, carrying is carrying, and infringing is infringing.
    I'll put this to you--- how about quit putting added requirements on our RIGHT as adults to carry? You want a certain level of training?, Then fine with me. How about mandatory firearms training starting in ALL elementary schools, private, public, and home schoolers, say oh starting 4th- 5th grade. Let these kids grow up learning to respect and not fear the firearm. Let these kids grow up to make their own decision about being pro or anti. Wouldn't be infringing on law abiding adults, and the future firearms owners would be properly trained.
    Oh the Antis would have a heart attack over that one. They survive on fear, if the fear is replaced by respect and understanding, the Anti movement withers and dies.

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
Adrenaline vs training guess who wins
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
So you guys are telling me that training doesn't help you shoot better... even under adrenaline rush. So a person who has never shot a gun before will shoot the same as you can simply because adrenaline makes everyone a terrible shooter. Okay. Seriously no point in even discussing this if you believe that.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »
No one has said that. We are saying it's up to the person to decide what training works for them. Not for a law to dictate.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:02 PM »
Train with movement and competition like a fun man vs man. IE start in same spot run to shooting box 10 feet away in opposite directions, shoot 4 targets (like steel personally), do mag change and shoot final target. First one done with zero misses wins. Obviously not being shot at adreneline but enough for the shakes, misses or forgetting the reload.

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline frgood

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
A quick review of the thread has proven useful to me.

1. At no time did I ever state that training should be a requirement to CCW. I did raise the topic for discussion and was besieged with
2. a series of absolutes and an unwillingness to even discuss the question of "is there a practical solution do the dilemma.

3. The question was raised as to the quality of existing permit instructors, as per the thread.
4. Lastly, regardless of rights or laws, I am simply asking for ideas and solutions to help get people to handle their guns safely and not risk our individual lives because they are to stupid to handle a gun safely.

NIMBY is not a libertarian mantra.

(I think I made a mistake by not starting a new thread. I really didn't think my question would become a topic)
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
BUT it has been a good thread with a LOT of information and at least thought provoking for all.

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:29 PM »
I think its been a useful thread. Differing opinions on the subject, but that's what makes it interesting. As long as it doesn't get into personal attacks, we can all have different opinions and disagree on points. That's what makes this forum interesting.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
I think its been a useful thread. Differing opinions on the subject, but that's what makes it interesting. As long as it doesn't get into personal attacks, we can all have different opinions and disagree on points. That's what makes this forum interesting.
    Well said BB.

Offline Sicamosley

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
A good friend of mine owns GunFights in Vegas.  Maybe the best way to see how you will perform under stress.

MP2 Guy

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
A good friend of mine owns GunFights in Vegas.  Maybe the best way to see how you will perform under stress.

I found that a real war is the best measure.

anything