Author Topic: P01 Omega- IDPA  (Read 539 times)

Offline Tanners Owner

P01 Omega- IDPA
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »
Shot my P01 Omega in this past weekend's IDPA match.  Its been cajunized and I was very impressed with the gun fit, recoil management and accuracy.  Only had one problem that took me 4 stages to determine the cause.  :o

The magazine would become unseated when I drew the gun from the holster. 

A buddy thought I was depressing the mag release when I drew the gun.  Turns out to be the holster (Blade Tech) was depressing the mag catch ever so slightly to release the mag when I holstered the gun after the make ready command.

So out will come the dremel tonight for some holster mods ;D
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Jester435

Re: P01 Omega- IDPA
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Shot my P01 Omega in this past weekend's IDPA match.  Its been cajunized and I was very impressed with the gun fit, recoil management and accuracy.  Only had one problem that took me 4 stages to determine the cause.  :o

The magazine would become unseated when I drew the gun from the holster. 

A buddy thought I was depressing the mag release when I drew the gun.  Turns out to be the holster (Blade Tech) was depressing the mag catch ever so slightly to release the mag when I holstered the gun after the make ready command.

So out will come the dremel tonight for some holster mods ;D

Did you shoot in CCP?
CZ P07 & P09 Urban Grey
CZ 75 SP01 Automatic Accuracy
CZ P01 Omega (BNIB)

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »
That is cool.

I shot my P-02 in several local and sanctioned matches. I have trouble reaching CZ safeties so I sold the gun.

I have been shooting CCP with my P-07, I need to make sure it will fit the new box dimensions.

Offline Jester435

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
That is cool.

I shot my P-02 in several local and sanctioned matches. I have trouble reaching CZ safeties so I sold the gun.

I have been shooting CCP with my P-07, I need to make sure it will fit the new box dimensions.

spoiler the P-07 doesnt fit in the CCP box anymore. P07 is too wide. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:19:15 PM by Jester435 »
CZ P07 & P09 Urban Grey
CZ P01 Omega (BNIB)

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
I needed something new any way
 ;D

Offline Jester435

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »
I needed something new any way
 ;D

I just got put on the list for the CZ 75 P-01 Omega, so I feel you! I may just shoot my P07 urban in SSP.
CZ P07 & P09 Urban Grey
CZ P01 Omega (BNIB)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »

Did you shoot in CCP?
[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in responding- no I didn't.  I shot SSP, as the Omega's ambi safety makes it too think by 1-2/8"

Still love the gun & will be shooting it more after the state match (shooting wheelguns again this season ;_) )

Offline Jester435

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »

Did you shoot in CCP?

Sorry for the delay in responding- no I didn't.  I shot SSP, as the Omega's ambi safety makes it too think by 1-2/8"

Still love the gun & will be shooting it more after the state match (shooting wheelguns again this season ;_) )

Cant you put a single side safety and fit in the CCP box? I shoot an sp01 in SSP, so I would think shooting P01 is putting your self at a slight disadvantage.
CZ P07 & P09 Urban Grey
CZ P01 Omega (BNIB)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
Cant you put a single side safety and fit in the CCP box? I shoot an sp01 in SSP, so I would think shooting P01 is putting your self at a slight disadvantage.

Note sure if I can or can't w/ the Omega convertible system. I'm comfortable shooting SSP with it. Am usually shooting my revolver though :-)

anything