Author Topic: Cajun S-2  (Read 5171 times)

Offline B_RAD

Re: Cajun S-2
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »
This package uses the stock sear?

Offline copemech

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 11:56:53 PM »
David, just how much polishing can you do on that rough black barrel hood to shine it up? It seems one has to really start taking off some metal by sanding as they are soo rough!

Offline RNA

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 01:17:22 AM »
When I order my S2, I'll definitely be ordering from CGW. Quick question: would I be asked to substitute the cgw race hammer for the czc hammer? I just prefer the czc aesthetically...

Offline clw42

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »
Who has added the 10X bushing, and how much of a difference is it making for you?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Who has added the 10X bushing, and how much of a difference is it making for you?

Didn't shoot without the bushing (and I have terrible bullseye skills too), but the difference in lock up was dramatic. I think it'll be a case-by-case basis in degree of improvement since some people report minimal lock-up while others report incredibly loose bushings (like me).

Offline clw42

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »

Didn't shoot without the bushing (and I have terrible bullseye skills too), but the difference in lock up was dramatic. I think it'll be a case-by-case basis in degree of improvement since some people report minimal lock-up while others report incredibly loose bushings (like me).

Thanks Dragon - 10 points if you get the movie reference!

I'm not sure about mine.  It's certainly not like my Army issues 1911 back in the day, rattling around like nobody's business.  Seems pretty tight to me.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
Heh, unfortunately I don't.

The easiest way to tell is to see how easy it is to remove the barrel. Perhaps take a picture of your slide assembly of how soon you're able to remove the barrel, and that'll give you an idea of how loose your bushing is. I was able to remove my barrel at nearly a 45* angle (okay, I might be exaggerating), but it had a ton of play. I think one thing is that you will definitely see an improvement no matter what, and if you don't mind spending money for every inch of performance, get the bushing.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
Can't confirm what difference the bushing made but I can confirm that the barrel is plenty snug. I have the shadow 2 that David is referring to in his original post....awesome gun.

Offline zeroryde

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 08:55:36 PM »
Hey David, got my S2 a couple weeks ago and threw in the CGW 11 recoil and 11.5 hammer spring, RTS, reduced hammer spring with extended pin. My question is since I already have half the parts, I was just planning on finishing it off with the bushing, the Disco and the hammer. My question is what's the difference between the race hammer compared to the production legal hammer which needs the adj. sear. Planning to stay in production.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »
Hey David, got my S2 a couple weeks ago and threw in the CGW 11 recoil and 11.5 hammer spring, RTS, reduced hammer spring with extended pin. My question is since I already have half the parts, I was just planning on finishing it off with the bushing, the Disco and the hammer. My question is what's the difference between the race hammer compared to the production legal hammer which needs the adj. sear. Planning to stay in production.

The Race hammer is now production legal as well.  The Production Legal Hammer is CZC's hammer, Race hammer is CGW's. IMO, the CGW is superior with a crisper break.

Offline zeroryde

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »

The Race hammer is now production legal as well.  The Production Legal Hammer is CZC's hammer, Race hammer is CGW's. IMO, the CGW is superior with a crisper break.

awesome, thanks for the clarification. Is the adjustable sear needed for drop in installation for the shadow2?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »

awesome, thanks for the clarification. Is the adjustable sear needed for drop in installation for the shadow2?

Yes unless you want to hand fit the OEM sear.

Offline reyper

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »
If I weren't so bleep happy with the P-09s David just did for me I'd already have one on order.