Author Topic: CZ P09 or Rex Zero1  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Gregor

Re: CZ P09 or Rex Zero1
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »
Thanx for all the input fellow members.

By tomorrow I will be the owner of the Rex Zero. It sorta bothers me that the sight cuts, according to Arex are proprietary but as a rookie I just cut my first tooth on a cheaper but otherwise decent Zigana K pistol that has stock plastic sights. I purchased an adjustable Novak cut sight and with diamond files it took me 2 hours to file off about a heavy 1/64th. I used a micrometer when close and got a great fit. Hope I don't have to do this to the Rex which was a higher price point weapon. I did order a leather pancake holster for the REx reading somewhere a holster for the P2022 work very nicely. WIll see.

Lastly, a P09 is next in line maybe with cerakote. ANyway thanx to all from the newb. I enjoy reading fact and opinions on this site as open dialogue without critique is a benefit to all members.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »
We'll be looking forward to a full report :)
CZ SP-01 Tactical, CZ P-07, Canik TP9V2, Webley Mark IV, Saiga AK-47, S&W Shield

Offline mikebaker1129

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
Gregor how do you like the Zigana ?
I have been considering one, for sometime.
Zenith is the new importer ,you might give them a try if you are still looking for mags.

Offline GypsyDanger

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
The Rex Zero 1 seems to be a fantastic piece. The only thing that concerns me is the recoil impulse when firing a string of rounds. My CZs hold a floating sight picture quite well, but I'm not so sure about the Rex's Sig-like bore axis.

Regarding the P-09, I recently played with one at my LGS. I might get heat for this, but I didn't find it to feel very "premium." The plastic that was used didn't feel as solid as HK or Glock polymer.

That's just nitpicking though. They are fantastic shooters.

Offline Gregor

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 07:50:50 AM »
Heh, you might get a skewed response on this forum.  ;)
:-X

Offline Kisssofdeath

• Live today as if it was your last day.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:33 AM »
Save up and get both.
Thanks,
Tim

If you know how many guns you have ...you don't have enough.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 10:48:06 AM »
The Rex shoots dam nice ,has a really nice single action trigger very accurate and fast follow up shots, I have already put 1500 shots down range with a REX. I really like these pistols with exception the heavy double action pull.  I know at some point I will pick up the compact just because I like compacts.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Gregor

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »
Gregor how do you like the Zigana ?
I have been considering one, for sometime.
Zenith is the new importer ,you might give them a try if you are still looking for mags.

It is subjective regarding like and dislikes. Out of the NIB at $350. as I recall in late '16 it seemed a bargain and attractive. My hands are slender but long fingers ( can palm a basket ball) and it felt good in hand and fingers wrap a bit to far around the grips but I am ok with that. Lubed it and took it to the range and shot low and kept shooting low. Put an LPA adjustable on it with a tad of filing the sight. Thought it would shoot high as I looked up some calcs. Now it was shooting high. As I paid very little for the used LPA I pulled the blade and sanded it down ( don't laugh on a belt sander) and realized the main sight needed to be reduced so I did the same. Minature files and I'm no expert but it was easy just time consuming and after measuring with a cheapy 20 buck micrometer my parts were with in a thousandth. Reassemble, off to the range and voila! It hit where I aimed. I should cold blue it but no experience so I used a black sharpy with 3 applications. If the gun were more $$$ I'd have gone the smith route but I figured I had littel to loose as I never changes the dovetails on the gun and could replace the OEM if needed. Ok,...after 500 rds or so with a few cleanings I must say I like the gun at the range and a leather OWB for a Ruger P95 and it fits with smiles. SO do I like the Zigana K.  Yup!,..and would buy another as with more shooting it runs smooth as butter albeit no factory nor distibutor support. I can't swear to it but I pretty sure a mag that fits a SIg P226 fit it perfectly. Factory claims minuimum 30K rounds till the barrel is worn. I'll be luck to reach that as to many toys. But money for value it is a good buy. However,.....after discovering the Tristar line at about the same price with Cajun parts available  I'd still buy the Zigana but no parts. I do like the K for winter OWB carry as I use to think smaller was better. Not so with the proper holster which is another topic. Cheers and Happy Memorial Day to all Patriots.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:24 PM »
Can't comment on the Arex, but my Urban Grey P09 after 3,000 ish rounds looks brand new. I shoot in doors and my P09's biggest concern is dust balls under my bed, but it has held up well. Zero change in coloration of the grey frame. The finish on the slide/rails/barrel is like the day I bought it.

Offline Gregor

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »
Not new to guns but I am new to eastern and middle eastern handguns that I've taken a fancy to.

CZ P09 or Rex Zero1 ?   Any comments welcome.

thanx in advance,

greg
I own and enjoy both.  I'm more accurate with my Rex....
Which one is your favorite?

I don't own a PO9 but I shot the Rex today and although a hefty pistol, the more I shoot it the more I like it. It seems really well made. Nothing cheap about it except the sights IMHO.
I'm not crazy about the sights but that is subjective and hope to install something else for my older eyes.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »
Older eyes? Yep, there's a lot of that going around :) I'm glad you're liking your Rex Zero 1. They look like a great pistol.
CZ SP-01 Tactical, CZ P-07, Canik TP9V2, Webley Mark IV, Saiga AK-47, S&W Shield

Offline bunk22

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 03:06:16 PM »
I have both and I would take the P09 everday and twice on Sunday.  I have several Sigs, two 226, four 229, a 228 and 220, great guns.  The Rex is obviously a copy but a few things I don't like...the DA pull is heavy, the grip is thick, Sig mags are not compatible and nor are the holsters.  It doesnt feel solid, like a Sig but could be due to the lighter weight.  Not much aftermarket support so it is a come as it is gun.  Mine has been very reliable but I only have around 1000 rounds through it and I expect any modern day gun to be as reliable through such a low round count.

As far as the P09, compared to the Rex, it has a better trigger, ergos, greater mag capacity, lower entry cost but excellent quality, aftermarket support, etc.  More fun to shoot, better accuracy all else being equal. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:39:20 AM by bunk22 »
CZ P10C
Glock's, Sig's, HK's, Walther's, etc, etc
DD, Sig, SOLGW, Colt, Del-Ton, etc, etc

anything