Author Topic: CZ P09 or Rex Zero1  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Gregor

CZ P09 or Rex Zero1
« on: March 30, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
Not new to guns but I am new to eastern and middle eastern handguns that I've taken a fancy to.

CZ P09 or Rex Zero1 ?   Any comments welcome.

thanx in advance,

greg

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: CZ P09 or Rex Zero1
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:39:10 PM »
I have no experience with the REX ZERO, but do have fantastic experience with my P09.  I heartily endorse the P09 after using it successfully in my IDPA matches last year.  Great ergos, superbly accurate, fantastic recoil management.

Get the P09, you wont be disappointed
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:25:52 AM by Tanners Owner »
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:56:55 PM »
I could not agree more with Tanner's Owner. Well said!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:50:33 AM »
I carry a Cajunized P-09 on occasion, and it is outstanding. No idea about the REX, really know nothing about it.

Offline DougC

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »
Not new to guns but I am new to eastern and middle eastern handguns that I've taken a fancy to.

thanx in advance,

greg
I own and enjoy both.  I'm more accurate with my Rex....
SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Non-CZ: Arex ReX Zero 1 S, 1927 Mosin Nagant

Offline silentbob

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:00:53 PM »
Heh, you might get a skewed response on this forum.  ;)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:42:46 PM »
[Bugs Bunny Voice]   Eh, could be!  [/Bugs Bunny Voice]   ;D

Offline Gregor

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »
Although the Rex Zero is relatively new to the U.S.  market it takes time ,....if ever,.....for after market parts to become available. I was ready to pull the trigger on a Zero1 but it nags me about the after market stuff. That said,...CZ OEM or non OEM parts are readily available.
A case in point,...I bought a Zigana K ( Turkish ) and the fit and finish and shootablility is just fine and all for $350. but try as I might dropping a line to the US central distributor and Zigana to find comment like "mags out of stock" and don't know when they will be in stock.
I was disappointed with factory and distributor responses so I'm a bit shy on the Zero 1 by another Turk manufacturer.
P09 looking better all the time. The CZ , I think, is actually a tad bit less expensive than the Zero1 also. Hmmm? Decisions, decisions!

cheers and thanx for the input.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
I was disappointed with factory and distributor responses so I'm a bit shy on the Zero 1 by another Turk manufacturer.

I haven't handled an Arex Rex Zero 1 but everything I've read indicates it is from Slovenia, Central Europe (as is also the Czech Republic which the natives would be quick to point out and not the "eastern" Cold War classification)? It does get some good reviews in print and a couple of good videos on MAC.

Offline Gregor

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »
Thax for the correction Psyop96. The Rex Zero One is from Slovenia and not Turkey as you point out.

I haven't handled an Arex Rex Zero 1 but everything I've read indicates it is from Slovenia, Central Europe (as is also the Czech Republic which the natives would be quick to point out and not the "eastern" Cold War classification)? It does get some good reviews in print and a couple of good videos on MAC.

Thax for the correction Psyop96. The Rex Zero One is from Slovenia and not Turkey as you point out. Possibly I should have said newer manufacturers can be lacking in parts and support until, if and when, a model or maker has achieved sufficient  global market penetration. I am concerned for sure about Zigana and am a bit shy to purchase a Rex Zero.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
The Rex Zero 9mm are fantastic shooters very well built and actually beat Sigs in head to head torture test on the military arms channel. With that said however at this time other than grips there is no other after market support. The double on my pistol comes in over 12 lbs. Now for carry I would tell you to look at the a Cajunized PO7 Duty. if you want 20 mag capacity the go PO9 both are great shooters. Of course there is also after market support.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline reyper

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 08:53:18 PM »
Another vote for the P-09. Rey

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »

thanx in advance,

greg
Which one is your favorite?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:05:18 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline DougC

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »

thanx in advance,

greg

Which one is your favorite?

Honestly, I'd have to say that between the P-09 and the Rex that the Rex comes out on top.
SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Non-CZ: Arex ReX Zero 1 S, 1927 Mosin Nagant

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »

thanx in advance,

greg
I'd buy a lightly used P-09. That's what I did and I was very happy with it. If you don't like it you can always sell it for what you have in it.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86961.msg652195#msg652195

anything