Author Topic: Kadet's for P09  (Read 6119 times)

Offline whitecap

Re: Kadet's for P09
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Had the new 09 conversion kit to the range today. Ran at least 50 rounds with no problems whatsoever. Pictures of targets are the first and second mags with the CZ P09 kit. The cadet kids come through with black rear and front sites which to me make it turn impossible to use them. Third picture cadet slide on PO seven, fourth picture cadet slide on P09 both have doctored sites. Both great kids ran very well today as they always have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:52:33 PM by whitecap »

Offline whitecap

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
this is a picture of the slide on the 07. Colored both front and rear to make things easier to see. Picture of slide under 09 with just the front site post colored white. both 07 and 09 wearing their respective Kadet kits.

Offline bgLGT

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »
I got my P09 Kadet kit a few weeks ago.  I had to swap my main spring from a yellow CGW back to the OEM to prevent light strikes but it's now very reliable eating Federal Automatch.  It even ran bottom of the dumpster Winchester 333 for the most part.  Great shooting .22 with the short reset kit installed.  I'm concerned with the slide release not having a steel insert or a dowel pin like the SR22 and Walther PPQ .22.  How are your's holding up?

Offline whitecap

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »
I have had no problems with the 09 kit. I have the 13 lb. hammer spring. There is a mod for the firing pin on the Kadet thread which is specifically for using a lighter hammer spring.

Offline bgLGT

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »
Whitecap, that's great info.  Thanks!  Is this the tread you are referring too?  http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86684.0  I'm assuming the Kadet/Kadet 2 firing pin modification also applies to the P07/P09 Kadet?  I train to reload using the slide stop; I'll keep an eye out for wear.

Offline whitecap

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 01:51:43 PM »
The slide release pin is solid steel and holds the barrel in a fixed position Only the slide moves for ejection. The SR 22 does not have a slide release pin as such. There is a take down lever under the slide. Then the entire slide moves back and up over the top of the barrel. The barrel is actually screwed to the frame from underneath. I would not be concerned in any way about wear to the slide release. You are required however to use the appropriate pin that was supplied with the Kadet kit.

Offline painter

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
Whitecap, that's great info.  Thanks!  Is this the tread you are referring too?  http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86684.0  I'm assuming the Kadet/Kadet 2 firing pin modification also applies to the P07/P09 Kadet?  I train to reload using the slide stop; I'll keep an eye out for wear.
That applies to all rimfire strikers/firing pins of all calibers.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline bgLGT

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »
The slide release pin is solid steel and holds the barrel in a fixed position Only the slide moves for ejection. The SR 22 does not have a slide release pin as such. There is a take down lever under the slide. Then the entire slide moves back and up over the top of the barrel. The barrel is actually screwed to the frame from underneath. I would not be concerned in any way about wear to the slide release. You are required however to use the appropriate pin that was supplied with the Kadet kit.

Ah, sorry.  This is the slide release pin I was referring to rather than the takedown lever.  That's a PPQ .22 slide from the TTAG review.

Offline gnumadic

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
Looking forward to your range report and impressions.

The first press reports showed Shadow 2 adjustable sights on the P-09 conversion kit but it looks like they didn't make it to the production version.  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/12/jeremy-s/inside-cz-usas-2017-product-catalog

My P-07 kit needs a taller front sight. Dawson has them for $39 plus shipping. I would pay the upcharge to have the versality of an adjustable rear sight instead, particularly one as compact as the Shadow 2 version shown in the press release. The adjustable sights on the Kadet kits for the 75 series are different but work well.

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I just ordered one of these for my P-09...and it should come some time this week. Being a range gun I would like to put a fiber optic front sight on it, along with an adjustable rear sight. Will anything that fits the stock P-09 fit the Kadet Kit?
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01) | CZ 550
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Offline whitecap

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »
In the many emails I have had with Dawson Precision I have been informed that, yes, the sights will interchange for the 07 & 09 Omega Kadets. The Kadet 2's are different and use 75B sights.

Offline ARP

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
Ordered one a P-09 kit with an extra mag for $250? from Grab a Gun? out of Coppell, Texas the other day. Says I got the last one.

Also ordered a CMMG conversion for my AR. Pistol range, here I come.