Author Topic: Grech outdoors  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Maple leaf

Grech outdoors
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »
The mistake  I made was to buy a CZ75 B
handgun.
After 4 months the sear spring broke.
I asked CZ usa for help and they said I could send it to grech outdoors in canada for warranty service. CZ USA WERE GREAT.
I sent it to grech February 20th.
I phoned grech March 8th to asked an update on my gun.
I was told by a woman that they had to order an extrator spring and should get it within a week.
I phoned back march 16th for an update and was told that they were waiting  for the sear spring to come in and had not received it yet.
I said what sear spring you told me a week ago it was a extrator spring??
She said no it is a sear spring.
I wrote to CZ in chech rep. and they told me that the sear spring was sent to grech 3 weeks ago today. April 4th.
I phoned back grech March 27th and asked for update on my gun and was told by the same woman that a package had come in and she had not opened it yet and to call back next week.
I phoned back April 4th today and was told they will be placing the order for my seer spring soon !!!.
I said wait you told me that the order was placed and was told NO.
 She said we received  the parts for January order and we wait to place our next order for parts.
Grech has had my gun for 7 weeks and keep lieing to me about waiting for sear spring when never ordered it at all??
I asked the woman when will she order the sear spring and when will she get it in?
Was told it could take time.
I can not believe you are letting this happen as although it was a good gun I would think twice about buying a CZ ever again as to the service is the worst I have ever seen in my life.
The other problem is I paid over 25.00 dollar's to send the gun to grech and if asked for it back for sure they will charge me

I can not believe  the poor, service I am getting from grech and CZ, been lied to, been bull!@##ed to, and after 7 weeks have not even ordered the part.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:35:54 AM by Maple leaf »

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Grech outdoors
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
Your problem is with Grech... not CZ. Also you're posting in CZC's subforum.

Offline leo61651

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your problem and I would be upset too but it doesn't seem like CZ is to blame but Grech is, parts can fail even on a $4K Wilson Combat pistol.
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
James "Mad Dog" Mattis

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:47:27 AM »
You need to tell CZ what is up though. They have so many dealers, and they can't keep track of them all.

Honestly, a sear spring is such an easy replacement, I would have just asked them to mail me a sear spring.

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
Yes you are right but only problem  is they do not carry sear springs they have to order it from chech.rep.and from what woman who answers the phone tells me oh we do not order parts till we receive  the previous order of parts.
What should have done is take it to a gunsmith and paid to have a wolff spring and forget about the CZ warrenty centrepreneurs which is grech outdoors.
I sent it to grech Feb 20th and still no news as to even ordered sear spring.

CZ has a problem  with warrenty  service  in  canada as can not get parts.
 I will just have to wait and see how long it will take to replace a warrenty  sear spring 2 months and counting !!!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:19:48 AM by Maple leaf »

Offline bsand

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »
Should have bought from wolverine supplies. They actually take care of their customers and even handle warranty repairs for guns they sell.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:37:05 PM »
Have you contacted CZ to see what is up? Again... all the fault is on Grech right now.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
So the basic problem is, 1) your CZ-75 broke with 300 rounds through it. That IS a problem and should be addressed under warranty, as usual, and I wouldn't be happy no matter what make/model of firearm I had. Then the BIG problem is a subcontracted service center called Grech in Canada that is incompetent, inconsistent, irresponsible and untrustworthy. You said you had excellent service through CZ-USA, but the Grech service center has showed consistency in screw ups. Is Grech the only CZ authorized warranty repair center in Canada? You contacted CZ-UB in the Czech Republic and they said they had no idea and would investigate? How long ago was that? If I were you with all the records of the emails/phone calls/etc., I'd contact CZ-UB directly via phone and ask to speak to someone there who might have enough star power to get someone else authorized for factory sales and service. Explain to them that you are highly dissatisfied with the service and ask them directly what they can do. I realize that's an additional headache on top of what you already have going on, but none of my usual contacts can help you up there, sorry. :(

Offline Diamondbackmike2004

• Shooters assume the firing position
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »
* SEAR *

sorry it was driving me nuts.
I might know what im talking about....but today, I don't.....

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
Yes heard from CZ chec.republic they said they would check into grech outdoors canada and what is happening with the sear spring.
Have not heard from outcome as going on 5 months now and no answer.
Sent email to grech month ago and no reply which does not surprise me.
I am not alone as Internet full of bad reviews on waiting time for parts.
Some people refuse to buy CZ due to poor warrenty service from CZ and grech outdoors. I will just wait as disappointed with grech.I just tell as many people as I can in canada about my experience with grech and CZ and let them decided if a CZ is really worth buying if have a problem while under warrenty.
Wolverine mentioned on Internet that he heard CZ is looking for another warranty centre in canada!! This won't help if can not get parts.
Will just keep waiting and keep everyone informed of how long it takes to get a sear spring replaced under warrenty a grech outdoors canada.
People in canada think twice about CZ
as not alone on the poor service.
5 months and counting.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:27:34 AM by Maple leaf »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
They have your pistol??

I'd be wondering if they lost it, or someone there "light fingered" it out the back door and took it home or sold it.  Even a pony express rider could cross Canada in 5 months (after the spring came over from Europe on a boat, of course.)

There are lots of pistols out there for sale.  However, most of them won't shoot with a CZ.  I've got a bunch of the other brands in my safe, I know.

If I were you, I'd try to get the dealer/warranty shop to ship it back to you so you could check with another shop.

What you are going through is flat ass ridiculous.

Did that this spring with a big LG refrigerator/freezer.  Fifteen days wait for the factory service techs to take their first look at it.  Two months and one day till they finally showed up with the parts to fix it (part was warrantied, labor wasn't).  Uncountable number of phone calls to the service techs and the LG Cust. Service folks.  In the end, the LG folks were digging into the service techs (I figure that's why they called and wanted to come out and fix it on a Saturday afternoon).

No more LG products in this house.  So I know how you feel.  If you were in the US you could have sent it to CZ USA and had it back in 8 to 10 days (that's about how long it took me to get my P01 back when the tritium front sight went bad on me).

If I were you, I wouldn't bad mouth the CZ pistol, but I sure would let folks know not to trust the shop you sent yours back to for repairs.

Good luck with it
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 09:07:01 AM »
No news on when will get my CZ as wrote email to grech and no reply as not surprised. Heard from CZ in chech rep. they are sorry for problems having with grech and stated they are having licencing problems as seems little they can do at this time.
What the hell does that mean?
You are lucky to be able to deal with CZ USA as talked to them as can get sears spring from them in 24 hours but gech is independent and deals direct with the chech rep. They have to order parts from chech rep. in order to get paid for warranty service.
The gun has been with grech longer than has been in my possision.
As for your comment on grech selling my gun or having it stolen I doubt it but have one guy on Internet stated that he had his rifle with grech and after communication with them as to problems with gun was told by grech they never received the said gun even though he had paper work of delivery. He took them to court and won.
I have all the paper work sent to grech and delivery and signature of receipt
I have documented all conversations with CZ and grech dates and hours.

I do not think they are that stupid to sell my pistol or have someone walk out with it.Now you have me worried!!
If so will just hand the file to my son and let him take care of it in court

Anyway 2 dollar sear spring underwarrenty and 5 months and no word as to when will be repaired.
Will only buy a gun made in USA as can be assured to get parts.
Will keep you informed as to outcome.
Are you sure you want to buy a CZ in canada ? You have to be nuts !!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:12:52 PM by Maple leaf »

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
Tough deal. Not much you can do now except wait.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 08:07:22 AM »
Sent email to grech lets see how long it takes before get answer as last email sent months ago never got any answer !!

Could you please give me an update on what is happening with my CZ 75 it has been with you since Feb 20th when sent to you?
It is going on 5 months now which is insane.
Going on 5 months for a warrenty sear spring which can be had from CZ USA within 2 to 3 days is taken up to 5 months.
Do you still have my gun as have paper work you signed for it ?
I have sent you a previous email months ago to which never received a response !
It would be nice going on 5 months to get an answer

Offline Maple leaf

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
Was shocked to receive an answer from email sent to grech

Our parts order is at the border right now. I cannot say for sure if the part is on the order until it arrives

Thank you,

Birgit-Ann
Did not mentioned part was ordered!!
Let's see what happens now?
I will wait 2 to 3 weeks before contacting them to see if sear spring has come in and how long it will take to repair gun?
If part has not been ordered or is not with shipment then will have to wait another 5 months to see if was ordered or if has come in!!!
Insane !!!!.
Like I said are you sure you want to buy a CZ IN CANADA??