Author Topic: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....?  (Read 9091 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.........? (Pics added Apr 11)
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
Zero issues with my Kadet Kit too on an 85C frame. Only no slide lock on an empty mag, but I knew that would likely be an issue when buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rhart

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »
Zero issues with my Kadet Kit too on an 85C frame. Only no slide lock on an empty mag, but I knew that would likely be an issue when buying it.

Why no slide lock? I have a Kadet2 on an 85C frame and mine locks back.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline painter

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »

Why no slide lock? I have a Kadet2 on an 85C frame and mine locks back.
As does mine. I use the 85C slide stop.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
I dunno, just doesn't for some reason :( I know it's an issue with a lot of CZs.

I don't want to do modifications that 75Plus described.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »
I dunno, just doesn't for some reason :( I know it's an issue with a lot of CZs.

I don't want to do modifications that 75Plus described.

Inter the Slide Stop in to the Frame without the Upper installed
Then inserting a Magazine, and see if the Follower raises, or tries to raise the Stop, but can't
If it tries to but doesn't, or it only moves a little, then your Slide Stop Spring is too tight
If it doesn't even try, then you're using the wrong Slide Stop
If it raises (fully), then there's some-other issue:
You may be using the wrong Slide Stop or there's an issue with the Stop Notch in the Slide / Bolt
If you think your Slide Stop Spring may be too tight, try this:
With the Upper off, insert the Tip of the Slide Stop in the Right (opposite) Side and rotate it several time in each direction
Do this a few times and it can help to loosen the Slide Stop Spring a bit
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

CZ Aficionado

Re: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....? (Update-Issue RESOLVED!!)
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 10:59:12 PM »
Well, my Kadet is 100% now  :D :). The condensed version is this.....there were multiple issues as it turns out.....the first was the Kadet slide needed fit to the frame of the host gun, the Kadet slide wasn't "true", but should work on any host frame now. The second issue I found after getting the slide fit was two-fold, both the Kadet slide and host frame trigger bar had rough machining marks on their surfaces.  This I discovered after fitting the slide and reassembling the gun to function check it....it was better but still not right, I knew the slide fit was right this time so I looked further....to make a long story short I narrowed it down to where the trigger bar and Kadet slide contacted each other during the cycling of a round. It was bad enough that just taking my finger nail and dragging it over the machined areas it would "grate" across the rough machining on BOTH parts.  First thing I did was use 500 grit wet/dry sandpaper to get the worst smoothed out, then buffed both pieces out to a nice shine....lubed up everything assembled it and its 100% now..and that's using the factory 20# main/hammer spring....if it was a carry gun, I would have no concerns. Hope this helps.....thanks to everyone that offered suggestions, they were very much appreciated, still seems like the kit could/should have been been better out of the box. Cause/blame... Kadet 90% my host gun 10%
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:20:31 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline painter

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »
Glad you got it sorted. What was the outcome with the loose roll pin?

but not the ability.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

Basically the same as this thread suggested........ http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=39826.msg221907#msg221907 ......made the hole one size all the way through and put in the corresponding sized roll pin  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:22:07 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline painter

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »

Basically the same as this thread suggested........ http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=39826.msg221907#msg221907 ......made the hole one size all the way through and put in the corresponding sized roll pin  ;)
Good call. ;D

but not the ability.

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....? (Update-Issues RESOLVED!!)
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »
So, I just checked. 85C slide stop, the Kadet mag doesn't even touch the slide stop.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 11:18:50 PM »
So, I just checked. 85C slide stop, the Kadet mag doesn't even touch the slide stop.
That's odd
I wonder how a PCR Stop would fit ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
No clue. I wonder if it's my mags. I have a brand new 85C slide stop and same issue.

Offline ProtectTheSecond

• His 'n Her 9mm-TS
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 03:51:43 AM »
Well, my Kadet is 100% now  :D :). The condensed version is this.....there were multiple issues as it turns out.....the first was the Kadet slide needed fit to the frame of the host gun, the Kadet slide wasn't "true", but should work on any host frame now. The second issue I found after getting the slide fit was two-fold, both the Kadet slide and and trigger bar had rough machining marks on their surfaces.  This I discovered after fitting the slide and reassembling the gun to function check it....it was better but still not right, I knew the slide fit was right this time so I looked further....to make a long story short I narrowed it down to where the trigger bar and Kadet slide contacted each other during the cycling of a round. It was bad enough that just taking my finger nail and dragging it over the machined areas it would "grate" across the rough machining on BOTH parts.  First thing I did was use 500 grit wet/dry sandpaper to get the worst smoothed outed, then buffed both pieces out to a nice shine....lubed up everything assembled it and its 100% now..and that's using the factory 20# main/hammer spring....if it was a carry gun, I would have no concerns. Hope this helps.....thanks to everyone that offered suggestions, they were very much appreciated, still seems like the kit could/should have been been better out of the box. Cause/blame... Kadet 90% my host gun 10%
Would you please post a photo of the area on the Kadet that you polished
CZ 527 American .223 / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 TS 9mm / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 SA 9mm / Kadet Kit

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding."  - The United States Supreme Court -[/b

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
Would you please post a photo of the area on the Kadet that you polished

As requested......comments are below each pic

These are the lobes of the trigger bar that ride in the machined areas of the slide.....these had machining marks that when the slide cycled caught on the much worse machining marks on the slide....see next pic

The profile of the slide shows the notches that the lobes on the top of the trigger bar ride in during the cycling of the slide. It's the bottom surface that needs the attention...see next picture

On the bottom of the slide you can see the machining marks....they look bad but they are very smooth with a slight waviness to the surface, it's kind of how the light is reflecting off the imperfections...but I thought it made it much easier to see the problem. I didn't want to take off too much material between both the trigger bar and slide and have it possibly affect the operation so smooth and non-binding is what I was going for, which when you have the parts out I just slid the surfaces along one another with some pressure to see if they caught at all. The two notches and the ridge in between the notches on both sides of the slide were pretty rough...once those were good then I polished them, always polishing in the direction the part moves naturally, then lube the surfaces, assemble and enjoy!

Hope this helps........I also polished the other contact surfaces of the trigger bar since it was out already.....:)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:13:24 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline ProtectTheSecond

• His 'n Her 9mm-TS
Re: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....?
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »
Outstanding and much appreciated...
thanks from me and...in advance from everyone that benefits...
CZ 527 American .223 / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 TS 9mm / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 SA 9mm / Kadet Kit

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding."  - The United States Supreme Court -[/b