Author Topic: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline luisrojasf

Re: Why so many issues with Kadet 2 Kits.....?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »
I have an original CZ Kadet frame, haven't firing pin safety disconnector on the frame. It comes with 2 magazines and the .22 slide stop.
The only problem it's some ammo like Winchester was not recoiling the slide. Have power to  carry until the ejector but not to travel ammo bottom​ and feed in the chamber....
I polish all contact surfaces with sandpaper and now it's smooth..
Can use all ammo and not problem.. it have the original hammer trigger and recoil spring..
Better results  with Águila super extra ammo, solid point 40 grains

Enviado desde mi XT1095 mediante Tapatalk

Offline wsmc81

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »
Will add my experience.
Received the Kadet last week. Did the filing to the upper to make it fit.  I was concerned about this part, but went slow and checked for after a several cycles of the file. Worked out ok.
At the range, very excited, pulled back slide and FTL. Crap. Ejected round, the next was fine and full mag was fired with no problem. Next ten mags, the first round to load was 50 / 50. Slide was not holding back on last round, I was using the slide pin from 75db, not one of the two KAdet slide pins in the kit.
Went through about 200 rounds of CCI minimag. Random success with first loading or not. Same thing with last round and slide staying open.
Left range, cleaned up everything.
So today. Adjusted sights, this thing is accurate. Shooting as well as my 22/45 with red dot. Love the feeling of the 75 in my hand.
First mag with CCI Minimag and first round didn't load. Second mag was ok. Still no open slide on last round. Tried the two slide stops. Longer one was not functional. Shorter one, woohoo slide stays open. Ran out of CCI minimag and started shooting bulk Remington Thunderbolt. Every first round loads with no issues. Maybe another 200 rounds, no issue.
Thunderbolt seem less accurate and by how the spent shells were hitting me (deflecting off of the barrier at the range), the load has a higher variance the CCI Minimag, but no problems with loading the first round.
So today, extremely satisfied with the Kadet. What seemed to be problem with the first round to load, went away with different ammo, or maybe due to the Kadet loosening up a bit. Will go back and try Minimags again.
 I guess it is 22 and will be finicky on what it is fed. Maybe after more rounds it wont care. Right  now, I very happy and anyissue I had on the first range day, I will say it was break in. Today, totally happy feeling that the Kadet is as reliable as my Ruger 22/45.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 02:34:49 AM »
Keep it oiled. After break-in it will be shooing standard velocity ammo without problems too.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:46 PM »
As the OP I did go back a do some additional smoothing of the slide machining marks and re-polished them.........was functioning fine but had some spare time and thought why not improve on "fine"  ::)   So my father-in-law finally got to shoot my Kadet, he is sold....so I guess I get to put one on one of his CZ frames which he is going to also dedicate as a Kadet set-up.... :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:29:18 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Online The Guardian

• Always watching...
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »
Very helpful thread........wish the pics were still available  ???  I had similar issues and went through this threads info, all good now......thanks!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." — John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976)

anything