Author Topic: CZ75b omega - jamming  (Read 403 times)

Offline Louis

CZ75b omega - jamming
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm in a situation whereby my new CZ75b omega jams at almost mag change. Guns is about 2 months old and only has about 150 rounds through it.

The problem is when the mag is inserted and slide racked the bullet does not chamber fully, it gets stuck halfway between the mag and chamber.

On my first few visits to the range I never had any problems, but now it just started. I have tried different brand ammo and all doing the same.

Any advice please, before taking through the shop I purchased from.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ75b omega - jamming
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:58:48 AM »
Okay, some questions.

one - do you run the magazine empty, leave the slide locked to the rear, remove the empty magazine, insert the new magazine and then use the slide release to let the slide go forward and chamber the first round in the magazine?

Done this way, the slide uses the full force of the recoil spring to strip the top round from the magazine and chamber it.

two - do you run the magazine empty, leave the slide locked to the rear, remove the empty magazine, insert the new magazine and then grab the rear of the slide and pull it to the rear (to unlock it from the slide release) and then let it go so the new round can be stripped from the magazine and chambered?  If you do it this way, do you totally let go of the slide when it reaches full movement to the rear?  Or do you try to keep it from slamming forward so hard by "riding" it forward a certain distance?

If you "ride" the slide it can cause feeding/chambering issues. 

Either use the slide release or pull it to the rear and just let it go.

If it still fails to feed/chamber that top round when you release the slide correctly then you've got other issues that need to be addressed - possibly by CZ.  If the pistol has issues CZ USA can take care of it pretty quickly.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
The best way to insert a new mag and feed a round into the chamber,  is the same way the pistol feeds it in.  Pull the slide ALL the way to the rear and completely release it.

Like M1A said,  do not ease the slide forward.  ALL the way back and RELEASE it. 
This uses all the force of the recoil spring to chamber the round exactly the same way the pistol does when shooting.

Keep the pistol well oiled,  especially in this break-in period.  Rails and friction surfaces need some oil.  Not dripping,  but some covering all the metal-to-metal friction points.
Once broken in,  everything will run smoother and freer.

Keep your mags clean and dry.  Keep the area around the extractor clean.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:27:40 PM »
How many mags do you have?
Does it happen with all of them?
do you get the mag inserted all the way? does it click the release button?
when you rack the slide is your thumb on the release button by mistake?
are you using RN, HP, or flatnosed bullets?
like M1A4ME said release the slide from lock with the mag release.
or
drop your mag when the last bullet is chambered but not fired
that will ensure the new mag works fine.

Good Luck Bud, not much is a frustrating as when your gun is not working 100%

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline crankyoldlady

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »
Are you using factory rounds or handloaded?

If factory, have you been using a different brand than before the problem started?

Offline cz75bmb

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »
Assuming you are the original owner, if it has not already been mentioned above, call cz-usa.com and they
will have you fill out an online warranty form.  Then, they will email you an RMA
label to fedex the gun back to them (they pay the shipping both ways).  They will
fix the gun under warranty.  If it is as repeatable as you describe, they should be
able to get it back running correctly.  My opinion.