Author Topic: Dip rail?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Jkid01

Dip rail?
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
I just purchased a 455 American suppressor ready and I have a vortex viper 6x20x44 ready to go on it.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to use the 25 moa dip rail. The only con I see is it's more parts and screws to come loose. I will not be shooting this gun at any matches or anything however if it's as accurate as I have heard them to be I would like to take some two maybe three hundred yard shots after I have built a relationship with the gun. I'm not expecting to shoot that  distance all the time or or I would have bought a tacticool or a trainer. This is going to be a all around critter getter and fun gun. The pros being able to zero at a further distance and a wider variety of rings. I'm not sure yet but the added elevation might help to get the eye relief correct.  If anyone has any experience I would appreciate your input.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:20:01 AM by Jkid01 »
"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
– General Douglas MacArthur

Offline targetmaster

Re: Dip rail?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »
I have 3 455s. Varmint, Varmint Precision Trainer and an Ultra Match. All three have DIP rails. Shot out to 200 with the VPT with no problem. I wouldn't ever change a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jkid01

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:52 PM »
Did you zero your rifle at 200 or just use hold over for your 200 yard shot?
"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

Offline targetmaster

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
I dialed it in to 200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jkid01

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
I let myself get in a hurry and went on and bought some talley rings. I'm not sure what they will limit me to but I guess I'll find out. Oh well maybe I'll buy one down the road...