Author Topic: Finally a CZ owner... and I'm disappointed  (Read 397 times)

Offline MattStainless

Finally a CZ owner... and I'm disappointed
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:36:57 PM »
So I signed up here in hopes that you fine folks can help.

I'd been wanting a cz for a long time and was finally able to make one mine.

It's a beautiful 75b in matte stainless.

The feel of the gun in my hand is like it was custom made just for me.

The accuracy is as outstanding as the countless reviews I've read said it would be.

But the trigger is just no good for me, and the sights leave a lot to be desired as well.

Fortunately, it is my understanding that there are a variety of options available to help with these issues.

I certainly haven't given up on it, in fact I'm looking forward to exploring different options and getting to know the gun inside and out along the way.

Thank you for having me, I'll do my best to post my questions in the appropriate forums, and look forward to being a part of this community.

Offline Tok36

Re: Finally a CZ owner... and I'm disappointed
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:47:00 PM »
Welcome to the forums from California!
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:21:52 AM »
Welcome from South Texas and an owner of a 75B that has a very good trigger, reset, sights and much more.
Help is just a little reading and asking a few questions away.  Join in. 

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »
The trigger will smooth out some with use on the 75B.  Replacing just the hammer and sear with CGW parts will fix the trigger, if you aren't happy after a few rounds.  I have a 75B with around 50k rounds through it with the CGW parts and it is my bullseye match gun.  Welcome to the forum.  You've come to the right place for help.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline czsuby

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 08:57:24 AM »
Doesn't the stainless come with the Tru-Dot Tritium 3-dot sights? I can understand how people can feel about the factory painted ones but the Tru-Dots work very well for me.

Offline MattStainless

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »
^^no, it came with sights that just barely glow in the dark. 

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »
Welcome from ☀️ Florida.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 08:27:31 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio.

I'm in the middle of an SP-01 upgrade with parts from both CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works. I changed out the rear sight to an LpA adjustable. I'm no expert shooter by any means but I tried a lot of range 9mm rentals and nothing gave me groupings as tight as the 75. Plus for me the heavy all steel design is just easier to get back on target.

There is a wealth of info on this forum to help you get your 75 B sorted.

Offline tekarra

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
On the sights , what does leaves a lot to be desired mean?
If I were to say that ..... it would mean they are not adjustable. Or that they fall out when you shoot.
Luckily there are many aftermarket sights for the 75 that will do whatever it is you need it to.
as far as the trigger goes I own more then one CZ and the triggers from the factory are not awesome by any stretch, but will get better with use I promise.
If you are looking for awesome I sent my gun to Stuart, he did my trigger and it is Awesome. I mean AWESOME! I am also on the wait list to send another gun to CGW I have heard very good things about them. They also supply parts and instructions for those with time to be do it yourselfers. However, everyday plinking and shooting around the range after a few hundo down range the trigger is much less gritty, smooths out and performs well. If you want better then well,  once again lucily there are options.

Enjoy you did pick a fine handgun!

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline Droopy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 01:44:18 PM »
welcome
CZ 75 COMPACT DUO-TONE
CZ 2075 RAMI
CZ P07

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08:36 AM »
Welcome to our forum.
Full size SIG Sauers, CZ  sport pistols,  and classic collectible USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns.
I've been an avid collector and a shooter for decades, and I never stop learning,
After over 38  years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.
Sergio

Before you start collecting guns... buy books! Don't collect something that you'll be forever making excuses for, be careful not to get drawn to a piece that is not original, and buy the gun not the story.

anything