Author Topic: Pistol went missing in the mail  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Heisenberg

Re: Pistol went missing in the mail
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 10:25:31 AM »
Wow, is right!!  I'm glad to hear you had a happy ending to the story, it could have been a nightmare!

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »
Anybody ever have something like this happen to them? Did you get your gun back, or is it a lost cause?

Fortunately I've never "lost" one going in either direction.  Glad to hear the seller was a stand up guy :)
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline DubTap21

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »
ATF won't do anything else about it.

They will be all over it.  They do not like weapons disappearing in the mail.  They will also check everyone who touch the package.
I truly hope this is the case. Someone at FedEx definitely lifted that CZ......And had the nerve to reseal the shipping box to make it look like the seller shipped an empty box. 

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Online John A.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:48 AM »
Fed Ex may question some people if enough dust is raised. 

Again, I don't think atf is going to do anything other than add the serial number to the registry.

A month from now, let's check back to see if ATF has recovered and/or returned the gun.  It shouldn't take them that long if there is records of who has handled the gun.  Should be open and shut.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline O.B.B.

• This space for rent
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »
Glad you got your money back. One thing I question is WHO put the weight on the label of the box? FedEx or the shipping FFL? Makes me wonder if they set the gun on top of the empty box, weighed it, printed the label and stuck it on the box while setting the gun back on the shelf.
I'll think of something witty to put here sooner or later.

RAMI BD
PCR

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
The reason the shipping companies make you use the expensive overnight or next day shipping for firearms is a direct result of employee theft.

Offline eastman

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
Glad you got your money back. One thing I question is WHO put the weight on the label of the box? FedEx or the shipping FFL? Makes me wonder if they set the gun on top of the empty box, weighed it, printed the label and stuck it on the box while setting the gun back on the shelf.

The weight should be part of the printed FedEx shipping label, since they charge by weight. If the label with weight was printed by the shipper, FedEx should have noticed the difference.

Did the address (either from or to) list the name of a gun shop? That could have clued a FedEx employee that the contents were worth stealing.

The overnight requirement came from Glock shipments leaving their facility in GA getting stolen in transit. Their current labels just identify the source as "G.I.".
I don't look like my avatar!

anything