Author Topic: .40 compact trigger slap?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline JoeinFrankfort

.40 compact trigger slap?
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
Anyone know of a cure?
I have a 9mm compact and 40...the 9 does nothing.
After 2 mags in the .40, it feels like I have a blood blister. Recoil is not the problem.
The only other gun I ever had with this much trigger slap was a Valmet 78 squad weapon in 7.62x51... ;-)
This 40 is a tack driver..not going to give up on it because I'm whimpy...

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: .40 compact trigger slap?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »
What model of pistol?

You can take a look at the CZ USA, CZ Custom or CGW sites and see a variety of different trigger types that would fit your pistol - if it's a common CZ pistol.

I've had to triggers "bite" my trigger finger over the years.  A Browning BDM that lives in the gun safe these days and my .40 S&W P09.  I put a DUTY model P07 trigger in the P09 and it's no longer a  problem.  I have a DUTY P07 in .40 and never had an issue with the trigger so I figured the same trigger would work in the larger/heavier P09 and it did.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline JoeinFrankfort

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »
.40 Compact...sorry.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
Dose it have a black trigger installed? The black recurve CZ trigger seams to be the most likely profile to cause people finger pain issues.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline JoeinFrankfort

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
Yes...I just ran across a trigger in Cajun Gun works that addresses "trigger bite".
Just as you said. ;-) guess I need to get my order in.
Thanks

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
Yes...I just ran across a trigger in Cajun Gun works that addresses "trigger bite".
Thanks

In case your not already aware, make sure to pick up a starter punch when you order the trigger. Removing the factory trigger pin can be troublesome without a starter punch. At the price the CGW floating trigger pin with worth it as well. The floating trigger pin replaces the factory trigger pin, it dose not require staking and is easier to reinstall.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:12:22 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline JoeinFrankfort

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »
Thanks...will do.

Offline rhart

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
Thanks

In case your not already aware, make sure to pick up a starter punch when you order the trigger. Removing the factory trigger pin can be troublesome without a starter punch. At the price the CGW floating trigger pin with worth it as well. The floating trigger pin replaces the factory trigger pin, it dose not require staking and is easier to reinstall.

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of using the starter punch since it's tapered, but I used it on the Shadow2 and it came right out. Easiest I ever had one come out.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Vincent04

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:15:43 PM »
Thanks

Did you ever install the CGW trigger on your compact?  If so, did the trigger bite go away?