Author Topic: Hello from Salt Lake City Utah.  (Read 168 times)

Offline Jester435

Hello from Salt Lake City Utah.
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
June of 2016 is when it all started. I was sick of lane shooting at indoor and outdoor ranges. I knew that Handgun Competition existed, so I decided to figure out how to enter the sport. I looked up IDPA and USPSA locally in Utah and quickly found that I could shoot a match every weekend of every month. I jumped right in with a glock 17 9mm a free holster and mag pouches from Comp Tac. I emailed all the Match Directors for 4 different clubs to see what I needed to do to shoot a match. All of them responded very eager to help a new shooter. I started shooting IDPA first and then USPSA. I still shoot both and enjoy shooting them both. It was rough at first learning all the new rules, but slowly I learned how to play both games.

I was invited to shoot the IDPA state match in Idaho. To my suprise I took 2nd place in MM at my first big match. I then started to take some one on one classes with a firearms instructor to see what I needed to work on. I had never shoot handguns on the move, but more just shooting for fun with friends or lane/range shooting. I had my first "Ah Ha" moment. I dont shoot glocks well naturally, but I shoot DA/SA hammer fired guns much better. I bought a CZ p09 urgan grey and the rest is history! I shot 2017 Berry's Steel Open Steel Challenge with my P09 in Hicap/limited and did very well. I then proceeded to be a top 5 finisher in my local clubs. I bought a P07 Urban Grey and a 75 SP-01 that had work done by Automatic Accuracy.

I have not been shooting 3-4 Matches a month since Jan 2017 and came in 2nd in my local IPDA match. I shot a classifier and missed Expert by 4 seconds, but we did shoot the classifier in the rain on a cold day. I am excited to shoot it again at another local club. I then shot a Small USPSA match and took 2nd overall and 1st in Limited with my SP01!

I am now on the hunt for a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow to use as a match gun and my standard SP01 as my practice and backup gun.

I sold all my Glocks and now am a very loyal CZ shooter! I have been doing my best to get friends to come shoot matches and help new shooters. I am a 33yr old Finanical Controler for a Commercial Real Estate Developer based in Utah. I am married with a 7yr old son. I enjoy college sports, anything outdoors, and shooting USPSA/IDPA.

I am shooting a Regional Match in Idaho for IDPA in June, so that is what most of my practice was geared towards the last few months.

Glad to have found this forum to get some questions answered.
CZ P07 & P09 Urban Grey
CZ 75 SP01 Automatic Accuracy
CZ P01 Omega (BNIB)

Offline tekarra

Re: Hello from Salt Lake City Utah.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:01 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »
Nice intro!  Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline stater61

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »
Welcome from NM and good luck at your matches.

Offline rhart

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Offline Unclefudd

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
Howdy from your neighbor in Evanston wy

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Welcome from down by Sandy!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum from South Texas.
Join in and tell us about your pistols.

Offline Pin shooter

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 08:05:18 PM »
Welcome from central Ohio.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »
Welcome from ☀️ Florida.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Jester
Down here in Utah County
Been a CZ Fan for about 15 years now
Started my CZ journey with a B-SA and a Factory fit KADET Kit
Enjoy the Forum and your CZs
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline Droopy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »
welcome
CZ 75 COMPACT DUO-TONE
CZ 2075 RAMI
CZ P07

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 10:02:47 AM »
Welcome to our forum.
Full size SIG Sauers, CZ  sport pistols,  and classic collectible USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns.
I've been an avid collector and a shooter for decades, and I never stop learning,
After over 38  years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.
Sergio

Before you start collecting guns... buy books! Don't collect something that you'll be forever making excuses for, be careful not to get drawn to a piece that is not original, and buy the gun not the story.