Author Topic: CZ 75B Cold War Commemorative  (Read 482 times)

Offline RockSemiAuto

CZ 75B Cold War Commemorative
« on: April 13, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »
First post to the forum. Glad to be around fellow CZ fans. I am looking for information on the CZ 75B Cold War. I just ordered one from CZ Custom Shop last week and picked it up at my local FFL this week. Based on the information I had when I placed the order I was under the impression that this would be a second run of 1000 pieces with the serial number having the CCCP followed by the production number. I was a little surprised when my gun did not have this type of serial number.

Looking at some of the other posts this is what I have learned. The first production was brought over around 4 years ago and had the serial number with the CCCP followed with the production number. These were limited to 999, did not have the rounded trigger guard, and finally the hammer and sickle were black with no red color fill. CZ has now made a second run that started in 2016. The second production has the rounded trigger guard, has the red color fill for the hammer and sickle, and also has the CCCP and production number up to 1999.

So here is where I need info. It looks like the models made in 2017 have all the same characteristics of the 2016 with the exception of having a standard serial number. So does anyone know how many additional pieces they are going to make? Is there anyway to tell with this serial number what production number you may have or not?

I would appreciate any additional info any members may have and please let me know if any of the information that I gave is not accurate. I emailed CZ USA for some additional info as well but they have not responded as of yet.

Thanks!

Offline Pops1911

Re: CZ 75B Cold War Commemorative
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »
Sorry RockSemiAuto but I am not into commemorative anything anymore. I won't be much help other than as one newbie to another on this forum to say welcome to you.  I dearly love my CZs.  They are right off the shelf from my LGS. My other love is Gibson guitars.  Wanted once to buy a commemorative BB King "Lucille" guitar.  Limited edition and limited production.  Not altogether accurate.  There was a limited 1,000 to be made and that was it.  However, it was 1,000 each year for like, forever.  Turned out those special "Lucille" guitars were not so special and not so limited.  Specs changed a little with each production run.  It was crazy.  Bought a sweet Traditional then and never looked back.  Good luck to you finding out what you want to know.  This old gunner will continue to pass on Commemorative anything.  Again, welcome to the forum. 
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline incogneato

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »
I have no idea of how "limited" the latest ones are, if at all. But it does seem the label on the boxes say "edition" rather than "commemorative", although I haven't seen any sellers change their listings to reflect that. I'm curious if your label is consistent with that.

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »
Thanks for the response incogneato. Based on your info I did some further research and you are correct. The ones with the CCCP serial number say commemorative on the box and the ones without the CCCP (like mine) say Cold War Edition on the box. That being said most dealers are listing the ones without the CCCP as commemorative pieces. That is also what was done in my case. CZ Custom Shop listed it as a Commemorative on their website. Here is the link below:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-75b-cold-war.html

So that does provide me with some answers and I appreciate the info. Not very happy with the gun being listed incorrectly. I sent an email to CZ Custom Shop but they have not responded yet. Truth of the matter is I don't think most dealers even know much about the offering. If I get any further info from CZ USA or CZ Custom Shop I will definitely post. Thanks again.

Offline RodII

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 08:29:35 PM »
I bought mine because I liked the round trigger guard and spur hammer, plus it was the same price as a regular 75B. I bought it to customize and try to wear it out shooting.  It is the 2017 model without the CCCP serial number so it will never be worth a premium over the regular model.
NRA Endowment Life

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »
Don't feel like you got too reemed.  Some folks would view the approx $80 premium worth it for the traditional features like no upswept beavertail and would rather just black out the red ink and shoot the heck out of it as a nice pistol regardless of the "limited" run, etc.  I hope it turns out to be a great shooter for you and welcome to the forum!

like Rodl jusst said LOL
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:37:37 PM by Tyerone »

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Tyerone. Honestly, I don't feel reemed at all. I got a great gun at a great price, I think it is just the point of it being listed incorrectly. It is just as much my fault for not knowing more about the offering before ordering. No complaints, definitely keeping the gun regardless.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:46:14 PM by RockSemiAuto »

Offline incogneato

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 12:01:08 AM »
Thanks for the response incogneato. Based on your info I did some further research and you are correct. The ones with the CCCP serial number say commemorative on the box and the ones without the CCCP (like mine) say Cold War Edition on the box. That being said most dealers are listing the ones without the CCCP as commemorative pieces. That is also what was done in my case. CZ Custom Shop listed it as a Commemorative on their website. Here is the link below:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-75b-cold-war.html

So that does provide me with some answers and I appreciate the info. Not very happy with the gun being listed incorrectly. I sent an email to CZ Custom Shop but they have not responded yet. Truth of the matter is I don't think most dealers even know much about the offering. If I get any further info from CZ USA or CZ Custom Shop I will definitely post. Thanks again.

I know the feeling. I recently bought a surplus 75 that didn't quite live up to my expectations, based on the description and pic. I was going to return it, but decided that since it was a pre-B with an old-style trigger, I'd still got a decent deal on it, and would use it to learn how to disassemble and get familiar with the inner workings of CZs.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:12:13 AM »
I just wish CZ would make the "Retro" model, long dust cover, rounded trigger guard, and spur hammer a standard offering.  I have a pristine 1991 Pre-B, but still.   

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 05:54:07 AM »
CZUB will likely offer these in batches so long as they think there is still sufficient demand for it in the US market. It's a shame that these little changes are not noted by dealers (and recognizing not every one has the viability to do this) and one of the drawbacks to online purchasing. It's still a cool looking pistol aside from the symbols used but that's just personal tastes.

Offline racoonbeast

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
Mine has the CCCP serial number and was marked and sold as a commemorative. I bought it because I really like the retro trigger guard and hammer. I love the thing. The Commie markings don't sway me one way or the other. Actually, I think that they are kind of cool. Never fails to draw a crowd at the range. Of course, everyone has an opinion on them. Some good, some not so good. Who cares? It mine and I like it. It is one of the best shooting handguns that I own. I would not trade it for anything.
NRA Life Member

Offline Bret

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
I was at the NRA convention today and asked a CZ rep if they would ever offer a version of the Cold War Commemorative without the communist markings.  He quickly replied no.  It wasn't that he was irritated, but it was obvious that he had been asked that question before.

anything