Author Topic: 85 Combat discontinued, what parts should i buy now?  (Read 4430 times)

Offline cznovice

85 Combat discontinued, what parts should i buy now?
« on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
Hello Forum!

I happened across the forum posting saying that the gun is discontinued, and although i don't go shooting often, what parts should i buy now to store with it so i don't have to worry about trying to find them a decade from now when something might break? 

I figure the person what might know the answer to that one might also be able to help me out with understanding the which magazine works as well.
The forum recommends Greg Cote LLC.  The only magazine on that website that specifically says 85 Combat is a
"CZ 75B, CZ 75BD, C75B SA, 85B, 85 COMBAT & SP-01 15 RD 9mm 11100"  With the model 11100 number matching the CZ-USA website.  One forum member posted that they bought the "CZ 75B, CZ 75BD, CZ 85B, CZ 75 SP-01 17 RD 9mm MGCZ7517AFC"  which would be a megcar model number.  Will anything labeled as CZ 85, CZ 85 B, or CZ 85 C(combat) work?  (of course getting the appropriate caliber)

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks in advance for any answers i recieve! 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: 85 Combat discontinued, what parts should i buy now?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »
The CZ 75 magazines made by MecGar will work fine - 16 rounds or greater capacity.  The 14 round ones are for the Compact and won't work in a full sized frame.  I mentioned MecGar magazines because when MecGar puts their name on the magazine it's quite a bit cheaper to buy than when MecGar puts CZ on the magazines they make.

As far as parts go...the only thing I can think of, off the top of my head is the slide release, left and right sides.  That is different than a CZ 75.  And, many people on the forum here have had the slide release break on their pistols after several thousand rounds.  Some guys say they keep a spare one in their range bag for matches, just in case.

There may be something else that's different/exclusive to the 85, but I can't think of what it might be.  When I rebuilt my Pre B CZ 85 I ordered a lot of springs for it that were also listed as fitting the CZ 75.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:57:02 PM »
Just slide stops. Everything else is similar to a 75 AFAIK.

Offline cznovice

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:00:21 PM »
Thanks Guys!

I just ordered the megcar magazines, and i'll get the slide stops soon.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
The slide stops are the only part that is 100% proprietary to the 85. The ambi safeties are on many other models of CZ's and should never pose an issue for replacement availability.

I have never seen a right-hand slide stop on an 85 break since they redesigned that part for better durability 20+ years ago. The left-hand slide stop has the same durability and lifespan as any other CZ (10-20K rounds).

CZ is really good about supporting legacy models that have been discontinued, so I imagine we will have a source for slide stops for many years into the future. After all, you can STILL buy any CZ82/83 part you want, CZ40B parts, and even some CZ 100 parts are available from CZ-USA's website. Those are models that were discontinued years ago.

anything