Author Topic: CZ 75 pre-B safety detents anywhere to be found?  (Read 208 times)

Offline noway

CZ 75 pre-B safety detents anywhere to be found?
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
If you have ever disassembled and reassembled a pre-B, you know what I'm talking about. Thought I had everything under control, but then...launched the safety detent across the garage (yes, I know all the cautions about doing this in a bag, etc.)

Seems like there is something similar for the Omega or P-09, but without a retainer hole.

Are there any sources for an original pre-B part? Have looked online with e-Sarco, Numrich, Milsurp Guns and CZ-USA, but nada. Oh or e-Bay or Gunbroker... Sheesh. :-[

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CZ 75 pre-B safety detents anywhere to be found?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »
Pretty sure the P series part is all that's available.

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:09:23 PM »
The P series detent is made so that it will hold its self in place where as the old original part would not. Just order one of the metal replacements for the P series and once in place the nose of the detent will rest on the pin without need of the paper clip to hold it in place.
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

Offline noway

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Someday someone is gonna find that detent in the garage. Thing will probably be worth $100 by then...  ;)

Offline noway

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
Got a P series from CGW, it snaps into place and doesn't fly away. A bit stiffer than the OEM, but I'm sure it will wear in. Ordered two extra, just in case...