Author Topic: How are cz rifles?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline simone

Re: How are cz rifles?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »
i don't know what to say: accuracy as always been great on my cz rifles, but i have had some mechanic problems, as you can see in my recent post (and i'm not the only one). fit and finish are very good for the price, the wood is usually nice but i have heard some complaints on poor quality and cracking.

Offline jkingrph

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
The fit and finish on my two, a 527 Prestige, anda 550 Safari Classic are exceptional.  The Safari has one of the nicest pieces of wood I have seen in a standard grade rifle.  The only complaint I have is that as new the bolts on both tended to bind and stick.  Working the action a lot smoothed them up.  If they had incorporated an anti bind lug, like my old pre 64 Winchester M70 it would be much smoother.

Offline Masonread318

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »
Cz makes some of the prettiest guns I've ever seen but they fall short on some mechanical issues. I do get a little bent out of shape about having to work on a new gun but as long as its nothing major i dont mind. Thanks for all of the response

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Offline jkingrph

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
My 550 had a hole in the bolt handle, obviously to reduce weight, but considering the weight saved and the way the rest of the gun is built, that would be insignificant.  The hole was angled or flared so the edges were somewhat sharp, and honestly irrigating to my hand so it made a trip to my gunsmith.  I had him weld it closed, filling it with  whatever steel welding material he could use.  He then contoured it so I have a rounded bolt handle, it does not accept blueing as does the rest of the handle and appears gray, but that's ok  at least I can work the bolt with the knob rotating in the palm of my hand like they are supposed to do without irritation.  In my opinion the best bolt handles are ones like my Swedish Mausers, a complete ball shape.   My old Win M70 featherweight has a similar hole in the bolt handle but was finished so it is no problem.  I got that rifle in 1963 and  no change there,  I also have a Remington 700, the bolt handle is flattened and checkered with a smooth rim, pretty but not nearly as comfortable as a full ball shape.  I do like the shape of the little CZ 527

Offline LACz567

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 01:35:16 PM »
I have a 527 FS in 223 and absolutely love it. The trigger is very nice and the bolt is exceptionally smooth after about 300 rounds. The previous owner used 62gr fusions to drop a doe at 100 yards with the rifle. My only complaint is the rifle heats up quickly, but it's a hunting rifle so it's not that big of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jkingrph

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 06:06:38 PM »
Masonread 318

Please check your pm

Offline Rimrockhunter

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
 I have had 6 CZ 527 all shot well under 1"    Ive had two 22 hornets and they shot in the 6's with the berger 30gr bullets.  I was using W296   I had one converted to the 22K-Hornet and got velocity up to 3700 with accuracy in the 7's   

All I can say is that I have never had any issues with mine ever...........and the accuracy is right up there with Rifles costing a lot more.

Right now I have one in the 17 Remington and it shoots as good or better than a Cooper costing $1500 more................for me no factory rifle can hold a candle to a CZ

anything