Author Topic: FN 509...  (Read 2938 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: FN 509...
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »
Just shot the APX... I'll be very surprised if the 509 and P10C shoot better!

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »
Finally got to handle a 509 today - very nice. The fit, finish, grip, magazine, almost everything was perfect. As for the trigger: it's not as good as a stock Glock but better than a S&W. Not a whole lot of take-up but the travel was plastic rubbing feeling (if that makes sense), the break was crisp, didn't notice any overtravel, reset was short but again with the plastic rubbing feeling. If the trigger will wear-in with use and smooth out the 509 could be a solid option.

I went to Cabela's yesterday and they had the 509 in stock. I had no intention of buying one but as soon as I held it I knew it was coming home with me. The gun feels great in the hand and definitely feels better than the FN9. It has a low bore axis and I really dig the new grip texturing. I also like the steel luminescent sights. The soft case that comes with it is very nice but I would rather have 3 mags than 2 with the case. As far as people complaining about the trigger, go check out some YouTube reviews. They pretty much all say the trigger really improves after some rounds through the gun. I will still be getting P-10c but the FN 509 is impressive and worth a look. Can't wait to get it over to my property and burn some rounds through it. I hope it shoots as good as it feels and looks, I am sure it will.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:47:06 PM by RockSemiAuto »

Offline villdetwink

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:08 PM »
Finally got to handle a 509 today - very nice. The fit, finish, grip, magazine, almost everything was perfect. As for the trigger: it's not as good as a stock Glock but better than a S&W. Not a whole lot of take-up but the travel was plastic rubbing feeling (if that makes sense), the break was crisp, didn't notice any overtravel, reset was short but again with the plastic rubbing feeling. If the trigger will wear-in with use and smooth out the 509 could be a solid option.
I went to Cabela's yesterday and they had the 509 in stock. I had no intention of buying one but as soon as I held it I knew it was coming home with me. The gun feels great in the hand and definitely feels better than the FN9. It has a low bore axis and I really dig the new grip texturing. I also like the steel luminescent sights. The soft case that comes with it is very nice but I would rather have 3 mags than 2 with the case. As far as people complaining about the trigger, go check out some YouTube reviews. They pretty much all say the trigger really improves after some rounds through the gun. I will still be getting P-10c but the FN 509 is impressive and worth a look. Can't wait to get it over to my property and burn some rounds through it. I hope it shoots as good as it feels and looks, I am sure it will.

Excellent Congrats on your acquisition!
The FN triggers do get better with use, I have about 750rds through my FNS9 and it feels pretty good...not awesome, but much better than some out there.
My only gripe with the FNS line is the thin barrel, which leads to the take down lever and slide getting very hot very quickly when firing rapidly.
I have read that they seem to have improved upon this gripe with the FN 509, I would be interested in hearing your feedback.

I had been waiting for both the FN 509 and P10C to show up locally before I bought either one...
But, I happened to be on gunbroker today and saw a P10C listed for a decent non-inflated price so I jumped on it.

Offline dondavis3

• YourCorvette.com
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:04 PM »
I've bought the new CZ P-10c but have not received it yet.

I too found mine on Gun Broker at a price that I was willing to pay.

I also own the FN 509 - the 509 is a remarkable gun.

Here's a good review on You Tube

It feels great in the hand is reliable and is accurate as can be.

My trigger was very gritty, but has smoothed out as I've shot the gun.

If you see one at the range - you should shoot it - I'll bet you'll like it.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:44:04 AM by dondavis3 »
CZ 75 Compact Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI P  9mm
CZ 75 P-07 Duty
CZ 75 P-09 Duty
CZ P-10 C

anything