Author Topic: SAO Conversion - min. requirements - useful additional updates - or going allout  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Earl, you seem to be well informed when it comes to 97s so I am just going to assume that there are none in existence, LOL :--). That being said - I am already manufacturing flat adjustable triggers for SIG pistols, so it seems like another CNC project should be on the books :-)
Was there a link to your page posted on the CZ Firearms Owners Group on FB a couple days ago? I'd love to see some 97 base pads.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:39:51 PM by Earl Keese »

Offline watchfan1

Was there a link to your page posted on the CZ Firearms Owners Group on FB a couple days ago? I'd love to see some 97 base pads.

Yes, it was me, but those pads are for 75......I have a few spare CZUB parts, but so far I have no leads of any kind on 97 aftermarket  basepads.

Offline Captain Jack 805

As someone with a fairly nice 97, I would suggest going all out and get the CGW "E" Package with bushing. You have 3 months to wait (unless you are doing the upgrades yourself) and can save up a few bucks in the meantime if that is the issue. You'll get back a beautiful heirloom piece that will be a joy to shoot!

Offline Wangfat

There are a couple of base pads you can use to bring the 97 mags to 12+1...
The Ariando plastic pads for the PARA 45's fit nicely and are inexpensive...about $18 ea.
You can also use the Henning Tanfoglio USPSA magazine pad but they are hediously expensive.
The Hennings are anodized aluminum and also give you 12+1...
I use the henning's on my 97B open race gun with the Springer CZ75 mag well that fits nicely with a little fiddling.
Good luck and shoot strength!

Wangfat

SPO1SHADOW

Before anyone else runs out and buys an Arredondo (P-140K) Para .45 extended base pad...DON'T, they do not fit either the stock 97B magazine or the Mec-Gar 97B magazine. You slide it on, it pops right off. It is too narrow front to back and too wide side to side to stay on. The retention clip that comes with it does not fit into the 97B magazine so even if it would fit there is no way to keep it on the magazine.

Offline terry mc

As someone with a fairly nice 97, I would suggest going all out and get the CGW "E" Package with bushing. You have 3 months to wait (unless you are doing the upgrades yourself) and can save up a few bucks in the meantime if that is the issue. You'll get back a beautiful heirloom piece that will be a joy to shoot!
Agreed, David does nice work here is one example.

Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO