Author Topic: CZ SP01 Barrel  (Read 1039 times)

Offline JonSays

CZ SP01 Barrel
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:52:35 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this... but I finally was able to pick up my CZ today and the first thing I did was change the sights to Dawson set up... fiber optic front and blacked out rear. After installation, I took the gun to the range for the first time and ran about 200 factory Winchester rounds through it. While cleaning the gun tonight I found a crack on the barrel and looking through the barrel you can see the rifling inside is damaged. I ran 200 rounds of factory ammo with no jams. Could this have been a manufacture defect? How do I go about getting this fixed? I just picked up the gun today. Thanks in advanced. Will post pictures soon.

Offline Firemanjones

Re: CZ SP01 Barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »
Call CZ customer service. They will send you a label to send it to them.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »
Was this a brand new gun?

Offline exit plan

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:23:27 AM »
can you post a picture?
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline JonSays

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
Was this a brand new gun?

Gun is brand new. Picked it up yesterday, brought it home to change sights and took it to the range. Fired 200 rounds of factory Winchester 115gr ammo, took it home and while cleaning the barrel when I looked through it to make sure there's no debris I noticed scuff marks inside. Then I inspected the barrel and found a hairline crack on the outside of it. I did notice when I was shooting that my bullets were tumbling. Didn't think they were tumbling because I use masking tape to cover up my holes and just thought it the masking tape.

can you post a picture?

I'll do it as soon as I find out how too lol.
Call CZ customer service. They will send you a label to send it to them.

Thanks I'll try that out.

anything