Author Topic: Dan Wesson 715 .357 magnum light hammer strikes & DW/CZ Service  (Read 1386 times)

Offline jertex

I recently picked up a Dan Wesson 715 and while it's clearly a well made, high quality revolver, I was having trouble with light hammer strikes resulting in failure to fire when shooting in double action. I contacted Dan Wesson support late yesterday afternoon and asked if they could offer some suggestions on what might be causing this problem. I received a reply early this morning instructing me that it was likely a head space problem and was provided a link to click to initiate a warranty return with prepaid FedEx shipping.

Now that's what I call speedy customer service. I'm shipping the revolver back today and am anticipating a positive outcome. Here is a pic of the gun:

CZCustom PCR Pro-Tek I, CZ SP01 Tactical, Dan Wesson Revolvers, other handguns & long guns

Offline Meechy7648

Re: Dan Wesson 715 .357 magnum light hammer strikes & DW/CZ Service
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
That is GORGEOUS!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »
Me likey!

Offline jertex

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:49:59 AM »
CZ/DW service keeps impressing me. They almost over communicate, which makes me very comfortable that they'll repair the problem with my gun. It makes me want to buy their products even more than before. Here is the email I received notifying me that they received my 715 for warranty repair:

Return Authorization DWXXXXX has been received by CZ-USA.

Item: 01932 - DW 715 REVOLVER, 357 MAGNUM, 6

Serial Number: DWXXXXXX

Typical turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Please allow us this time to concentrate on your firearm. You will continue to receive a weekly status update email until your case is complete.

Once your case is complete, you will receive an email from CZ-USA. Within 24 hours you will receive a tracking number email from FedEx.

Thank You for your patience,
CZCustom PCR Pro-Tek I, CZ SP01 Tactical, Dan Wesson Revolvers, other handguns & long guns

anything