Author Topic: How To Make the Omega Triggers a Tad less Gritty?  (Read 201 times)

Online provvv

How To Make the Omega Triggers a Tad less Gritty?
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the CZ triggers a tad less gritty? I have a CZ 75B Omega and it's my only CZ besides the Scorpion. I chose the Omega over the traditional trigger because I'm new to CZ and I wanted to reduce the learning curve by only having to really "know" about one trigger type.  If CZ is steering the company toward Omega triggers then I figured it would be good to have an Omega to learn on.

When I compare the CZ 75B omega trigger to my 1988 Sig p226 they have very similar qualities when it comes to take up and reset. However, they differ in the over feel of the pull. The omega trigger is very gritty while the p226 is smooth like butter (almost like S&W 686 in single action).

Is there anything I can do to make the grittiness go away without buying any after market parts? If the only way to make it less gritty is by purchasing aftermarket parts, would the  CGW 75700 Omega kit do the trick? It comes with the short reset system which I want to get anyway so this is an attractive kit for me.  https://cajungunworks.com/product/75700-omega-kit/

Full size image: http://imgur.com/2L3DXPt

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
Re: How To Make the Omega Triggers a Tad less Gritty?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

Online provvv

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
Follow these directions;
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0

Thank you sir!

EDIT: omg I just looked at it more in depth and I realized it was written by one of the CGW guys! I have been looking for something like this for soooo long!!! Thank you thank you thank you! I could not find this for the life of me. I think because I was so new to CZ I didn't realize that p-07/09 were Omega.  Thanks again! 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:57:48 AM by provvv »

Offline incogneato

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »
I chose the Omega over the traditional trigger because I'm new to CZ and I wanted to reduce the learning curve by only having to really "know" about one trigger type.

Excepting the P10C, that was exactly my plan- Full-size steel frame, compact aluminum and polymer frames... all with the same trigger and decocker placement.

... the key word is "was"  ;)

Offline Winkel

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
Yep, just follow those vids and your new trigger will be buttery smooth.

I have two Omegas and two of the originals and I like the Omegas better.  They are SO much easier to tune.

Online briang2ad

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:08:35 PM »
It is a shame that CZ doesn't do a decent job of finishing their triggers.  They could learn some things from Tanfoglio/IWI.  SIG is normally very good, and the SP 2022 is the best OTB trigger under $1000.

I think you can make it good by just disassembly and polishing - and this is good on the Omega, because the mechanism is very simple.  Of course the CGW kit transforms it a bunch!

Online provvv

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys!

anything