Author Topic: Decocking the Safety Model  (Read 165 times)

Online briang2ad

Decocking the Safety Model
« on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »
Folks - why does EVERY reviewer look like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now, when they get to "decocking a CZ with a safety question" - "The HORROR...".

I have practiced with my C100, Transitional,  and CZ Compact a bunch and had a couple of range sessions where I did it in live fire hundreds of times, and its perfectly safe.  Anyone else think the aversion to "the horror" is overblown?

Just use the thumb of the support hand and let off the trigger as soon as it releases, and roll the thumb off. 

I guess people are afraid of law suits...?

Offline Tok36

Re: Decocking the Safety Model
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
While it is safe for some it may not be safe for others, i believe some publications err on the side of caution.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
Been doing that for more than 45 years and no problem so far. I do it a slight bit differently with thumb and 3rd finger squeezing the hammer and index finger in the way of the hammer just in case.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline SPO1SHADOW

• Armed and Deplorable
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »
We are living in a world that Ralph Nader left us with. There was a time in this Great Country when an idiot would do something inherently stupid and get taken out, this kept the IQ of the gene pool middle to above average. When Ralph came along and made everything stupid proof all of the idiots bred more idiots and things are so safe now even a complete dufus can live to a ripe old age. What have we done..............Damn you Ralph Nader!
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Yep, and the safety manual while decocking now has to read in big red letters: "point the gun in a safe direction" Really?  ::)

"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

anything