Author Topic: CGW SRS-2 & T2 installed, now issues!?!?  (Read 267 times)

Offline NCTURBOS

CGW SRS-2 & T2 installed, now issues!?!?
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
Let me see if I can explain this... I installed a SRS-2 kit and the T2 disconnector in my steel-framed, accessory rail, manual safety compact. (Nicknamed the SP-01 Compact). The frame is all back together and everything seems to be functioning properly as I test the safety function, D/A trigger pull, and manually dropping the hammer from the cocked position. The sear drops freely, and allows the hammer to fall.

However, once I install the slide back onto the frame, that's where the issues begin! Install the slide, insert the slide stop pin, rack the slide all the way to the rear, pull the trigger and NOTHING! The trigger has travel, but the sear does not disengage the hammer. Pulling the hammer back to try and disengage the sear to manually drop the hammer to decock, and nothing. I have to take the slide back off and with my finger tip push the sear down on the left front corner and then it disengages.

If I install the slide and DON'T fully cock the hammer, leaving it in battery, I can manually use my finger to cock and decock the hammer all day long, but once I use the slide to cock the hammer all the way back, NOTHING!

Make sense?? Any help is appreciated, as this will keep me awake all evening trying to figure it out!! ;)

TIA,

K.

Offline NCTURBOS

Re: CGW SRS-2 & T2 installed, now issues!?!?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
FWIW, I installed these exact same modifications on my SP-01 last year and it all went together like butter no issues at all! But this Compact has kicked my butt tonight!

K.

Offline NCTURBOS

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »
Ok, so cocking the hammer back and pushing the trigger bar down manually with my fingers, which replicates what the slide does when it rides on top of the trigger bar, is where the issue is. So, does that make it a trigger bar to T2 connector fitment issue??

K.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 04:56:53 AM »
Give CGW a call directly. They are very helpful and will walk you through exactly what to do to get the gun functioning again. Sometimes parts don't just drop in and do require some fitting.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »
Tech Support:

David
318-372-9050

Scott
318-614-7003

We always answer or return a call within minutes.  Just that simple.

Offline NCTURBOS

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Tech Support:

David
318-372-9050

Scott
318-614-7003

We always answer or return a call within minutes.  Just that simple.

Didn't want to call last night at 9:00pm EST, or later... :D Figured I'd call sometime today though.

K.

anything