Author Topic: Witness Compact in 45  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Barebow

Witness Compact in 45
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:43 PM »
The local shop has an EAA Witness Compact that's barely used.  Its all steel in 45. Is it worth more than a Canick / Tristar  C-100 with the aluminum body? 

Offline Flibuoy1

Re: Witness Compact in 45
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
That would be an easy answer if you were locked into a .45 since the C-100 does not offer it.

The Witness compact in steel seems to be priced new at around $500. A good used one is probably priced above $400 but you did not mention that. That gives the price advantage to the C-100.

I recently sold a compact witness poly with ported barrel in good shape on first day for $375 with extra mags...but it was 9mm.

I own a smooth T100  and like it. It has been faultless.....essentially the same pistol.

If you want a .45 and price is right I would jump on it as they are not easy to find in good shape used.

Tough call, but two very different animals.
Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

Offline Mr HH

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
If it's an older model and blued vs the wonder finish I'd be highly interested if you pass. Feel free to PM me.

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
I've got a holster available for the witness, if you get it. I had a compact 45 steel frame that I sold , ..it was just too small for my hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Barebow

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
That would be an easy answer if you were locked into a .45 since the C-100 does not offer it.

The Witness compact in steel seems to be priced new at around $500. A good used one is probably priced above $400 but you did not mention that. That gives the price advantage to the C-100.

I recently sold a compact witness poly with ported barrel in good shape on first day for $375 with extra mags...but it was 9mm.

I own a smooth T100  and like it. It has been faultless.....essentially the same pistol.

If you want a .45 and price is right I would jump on it as they are not easy to find in good shape used.

Tough call, but two very different animals.

Yeah, it is right at $400 in Wonder finish. Story is the elderly owner could not shoot .45ACP like he thought he used to. Pinched nerve or something. And only put a couple boxes through it.

Not being an avid hand gunner and only hitting the range twice a year with either my Brother-in-laws or rented guns. I have had better results on paper with the 45ACP.

I will probably jump on it . A big slow 45 with home defense ammo should be fine for me. A tactical 12 gauge pump is next on my list.

Offline Barebow

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Took a bit of extra effort to post this.  Should have my 1st CZ Clone soon.           

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:13:05 PM by Barebow »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
Pic shows. Looks good.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Barebow

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »
Pic shows. Looks good.

Thanks!,

This is an older forum for sure.  Had to use my phone. I guess my desktop skills are slacking.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
Tapatalk is easiest for me but if you use your computer, you have to use an offsite host like imageshack, Photobucket, etc. and add the link from there.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Barebow

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 04:31:02 PM »
Tapatalk is easiest for me but if you use your computer, you have to use an offsite host like imageshack, Photobucket, etc. and add the link from there.
Once you get past copy and paste, I forget which way to link the photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk