Author Topic: F/O sights  (Read 983 times)

Offline enjoytheride01

F/O sights
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
I just bought a Dawson Precision f/o sight and I am still having trouble picking up the green dot! Is the a f/o sight for a Phantom that is a bigger diameter? Are there LED f/os? I should mention I largely indoors.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: F/O sights
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:43:47 PM »
They come in both diameters 1.0 and 1.5. You can however melt your dot larger with a replacement fiber.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 01:38:40 PM »
As Larry pointed out they come larger, you can make the dot larger by melting outside of the countersunk receiver in the sight but if you are indoors the red FO is going to be much better to pick up than the green. Green does not do well in indoor light situations for me but the red does about as well as outside conditions.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:36:46 PM »
I've tried the green, but the red is just so much more visible in pretty much any condition you can see the green in........basically what everyone else said, I've never heard of LED sights......that's new to me if they actually exist  ???

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 01:19:31 AM »
I just bought a Dawson Precision f/o sight

I believe the Dawson FO uses a "captured" FO rod.  With this type you can't spin the FO rod to a bigger size. It's either a 1 or 1.5 mm.

With the CZ FO front sight,  the rod can be "spun" holding it close to  the base of a flame and spinning it until the size suits your preference. It slides in from the rear and then gets heated at the front end to retain it in the sight.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »
You can make the dot on a Dawson as large as you want it just won't fit inside the counter bored receiver that makes the Dawson so crisp looking. The FO will spin is a Dawson sight same as the CZ sight but I don't think that is his problem. Green FO's don't really light up well indoors and I believe that is the real culprit.

Offline kato01

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:41:36 AM »
I melted the front of mine gently and the diameter of the front of the element increased. +1 on the red Filament for indoor shooting.  I find it much easier to see.

anything