Author Topic: First Range trip with the Phantom  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Radar55

First Range trip with the Phantom
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
I picked up a used CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom on a trade yesterday.  Cleaned it really well last night. Joined this forum this morning. Went to the range this afternoon.  I understand that the previous owner has some trigger work done at CGW with a spring kit and a 13# recoil spring. So this is not a stock model. 
I was very impressed with the double action on the Phantom.  The only thing that I can compare to are a couple of Sig P226's that I shoot regular.  I'm not a great shooter by any means.  But, I feel I did okay with the Phantom for the first time out with it.
I ran about 200 rounds through it today at the outdoor range.  Not my favorite gun yet, but certainly not my least favorite either.
I'm not sure when my next range visit will be but the Phantom will be along for the trip.
CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: First Range trip with the Phantom
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Radar
Must admit, I am NOT a Glock fan, by any means, so ....
A full sized SP-01 Phantom for a Sub Compact Glock .... sounds like you've moved up
There's a world of difference between the Trigger on the Glock and the Trigger on the CZ
Once you get the hang of it, you'll LOVE the Phantom
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »
Welcome to the addiction. The Phantom is an outstanding sidearm! 8)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:24:00 PM by armoredman »

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »
I have a SP-01 Phantom Target from CZC. The first time I shot it, I didn't shoot it much better than my P226 Sig Enhanced Elite. But after several range trips, I now shoot tighter groups with the Phantom than the Sig. I wouldn't think of going to the range without it. It fast became my favorite 9mm pistol. The more I shot it the better it felt. Not sure why.....maybe the grips just mold to your hands or something.lol  Give it a couple of more trips before passing judgment on it.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline leo61651

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum Radar.
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
James "Mad Dog" Mattis

anything