Author Topic: Breaking News, Sig Brace legal to Shoulder per ATF!  (Read 1042 times)

Offline slimjim

Breaking News, Sig Brace legal to Shoulder per ATF!
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/24/breaking-n :)ews-update-atf-reversal-letter-sb-tactical/

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Breaking News, Sig Brace legal to Shoulder per ATF!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:52:43 AM »
The news is good, but there are some ramifications - nobody is 100% if this applies to products other than SB Tactical, (who apparently also make the famous SIG Brace), although I am told Shockwave and KAKA have VERBAL authorizations from ATFE...that may or may mean little to nothing, no idea. Two major points to remember - I haven't read any reports of anyone being arrested and prosecuted for shouldering a brace of any kind, and second; please, please, do NOT poke the bear! This means, do NOT send a barrage of letters or phone calls to ATFE asking "does my little oddball setup qualify?" This is how things got ugly last time, and they released that Open Letter in 2015. Be happy and work hard with your elected officials to change NFA to remove SBR and SBS and we'll not have to work about this one again.
All in all, this is good news, and I highly doubt if the election had gone the other way that we would be seeing this news. :)

Offline slimjim

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:03:49 AM »

1 dude was arrested by a Cop (Barney Fife)! Also read 1st comment under Vid!

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
already a 3 page thread.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.