Author Topic: PSA: Surplus compact steel decockers  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Meechy7648

Re: PSA: Surplus PCR's
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »
Yes. It is a B model. Don't think you'll find a production Compact without a firing pin block.
Cool, thanks. It's going to be a project gun, so it won't matter. It'll turn out great, I've no doubt.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Willie Repeat

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
Looking forward to hearing about how that project turns out.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 05:54:42 PM »
Looking forward to hearing about how that project turns out.
I'll definitely show it in its stages. I'm going to shoot it for a bit and see what I think it needs to make me shoot better, then I'll send it off to CGW or order the parts, depending on how I feel. When everything is in place I'll shoot it for a little while longer, then send it for refinishing - either hard chrome or bluing...

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 03:44:25 AM »
I vote for hard chrome to complement the bluing CGW had done on mine via an outside service while it was in their shop . They also re-sculpted the beaver tail.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 02:17:32 PM »
Anyone get theirs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Droopy

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 03:39:13 AM »
Are these steel decockers or alloy ones? Seems like no one has answered that yet. I'm still curious to know if they are just a pcr or if they are steel compact decockers

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
These aren't PCR's. I wish the OP would change the thread title. Everytime I see it I get excited, wishful thinking I guess.

Offline Chydes35

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »
Waiting for the P-10c but so close to buying one of these instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
Anyone get theirs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should pick mine up tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get it.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:09:28 PM by Meechy7648 »

CZ Aficionado

Re: PSA: Surplus compact steel decockers
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
This topic comes up occasionally, I'll add my 2-cents.......I had one of these, they are nice.....the only issue I had with mine, it had a 1994 roll mark on the slide, was that the sear cage is proprietary to that manufacturing timeframe.  What that did was somewhat limit the internal modification you can do.  If parts wear out some of the current manufactured replacements will not or may not be totally compatible.....sear cage for sure.  If you get a good one that has little wear you may be fine, but if its really "used" you may have issues with replacing some pieces....just my learn-ed experience with these desirable pieces  :)

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »
This topic comes up occasionally, I'll add my 2-cents.......I had one of these, they are nice.....the only issue I had with mine, it had a 1994 roll mark on the slide, was that the sear cage is proprietary to that manufacturing timeframe.  What that did was somewhat limit the internal modification you can do.  If parts wear out some of the current manufactured replacements will not or may not be totally compatible.....sear cage for sure.  If you get a good one that has little wear you may be fine, but if its really "used" you may have issues with replacing some pieces....just my learn-ed experience with these desirable pieces  :)

Hopefully I was lucky.  My roll mark says 1999.  I was going to send it to CGW but I think I'm going to do it myself.  I was going to make it SAO but decided to keep it DA/SA (largely because I love the trigger!).  It has a steel guide rod and there's a bit of rust on the outside of the barrel; I hope there's none on the inside.  I'm going to soak it in some WD40 for a few days and see what comes of it.  The barrel looks decent on the inside, though. I was going to have it hard chromed but opted to have it rust blued instead.  I'm going to need new mags; this is THE one that was in the picture that I saw on the site, from the looks of it.  It's a 16 round mag. 

Everything works the way it should.  Trigger is a little gritty but I suspect it's a newish trigger to the gun, as it's an 85 compact.  I look forward to seeing what it's going to be.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 02:53:17 PM »
I ordered my CGW kit this morning. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend...

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »
I ordered my CGW kit this morning. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend...

Be sure to post some after pics......... ;D

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:11 PM »
Oh, no doubt!  I'm going to shoot it tomorrow at lunch, so I can see what I'm working with.  Once all the pieces are in place she'll be sent off for some beautifying...  ;D

Offline rstrobel

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
couldn't hold out any more, bought the last one...