Author Topic: VZ58 Gatling gun (photos added)  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Forced March

VZ58 Gatling gun (photos added)
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »
It is not yet working right.  At the time of the video, unbeknownst to myself it had: a broken disconnector, a broken receiver, 3x broken piston springs, and still it tried it's little heart out to shoot 100%!  2 out of 3 are due to poorly milled receivers sold by AWO.  I've been waiting months for them to resolve the issues or not.  DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A LONG RECEIVER STUB???  The going price is $25 each, I need atleast there of them to fix this thing, otherwise it's dead in the water...

From what I hear, all it needs now is an "arm brace" ;)  JK, it needs to be repaired, and a bunch of finishing work.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:53:30 PM by Forced March »

Offline RSR

Re: VZ58 Gatling gun
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
That's pretty awesome.  Are the barrels all in line or slightly adjusted for an optimum cone of fire at a specific range? 

Oh, and I just found my calipers so those receiver dimensions will be to you by this weekend.

Offline Forced March

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
Receivers are just parallel.

Offline RSR

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:49:06 PM »
Have any target pics or downrange video?  You have me intrigued!

Offline Forced March

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:56:38 PM »
Nope, the videographer didn't think thought of that, suffices to say it just makes an absurd cloud of dust and at 1400-2100 rounds a minute(depending on your arm), the 90 it holds doesn't last long...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:48:36 PM by Forced March »

Offline TJNewton

Re: VZ58 Gatling gun (photos added)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »
That is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes.

Can I put that front sight on my rifles?

Very impressive.

Offline Forced March

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 02:26:25 AM »
If you look closely you'll notice that the front and rear sights are both made from bayonets and bayonet lugs. 

Offline gwvt

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »
That is pretty bleep cool!

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »
If you look closely you'll notice that the front and rear sights are both made from bayonets and bayonet lugs.

I did notice that.  I also noticed that the barrels are mounted upside down, utilizing the bayonet lug.  Very clever.  But how does that work with the magazines still being on the bottom like normal?  Shouldn't the magazines be sticking out the top?  Maybe that's why it's jamming...

Just kidding, of course. 

I would love to see the mechanisms that go from the hand crank to the triggers. 

I come back every once in a while simply to gaze at your ghastly creation.  It's so wonderfully evil looking.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 03:23:46 AM »

What? No guinea pig mounting accessory? Not even a gut brace?

Gracious golly gumdrops!!!

Offline Forced March

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
I know right.  It's got a single magazine release, the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, you can see the bolts charging handles had to be re-engineered to work side by side, it has one safety for all sub-receivers, and while you can't see it in the video very well - the tripod is possibly the coolest part of the whole build.  Seriously, it's my favorite part.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 04:24:44 AM »
That thing's a hoot! 8)

Unfortunately, it would appear that the rather sloppy striker-fired Vz58 fcg might not be the best candidate for this type of apparatus.

I can see where 3 Mini Dracos with 75 or 100 round drums might work better, mounted a little farther apart from one another so the drums wouldn't interfere with each other.

Of course, to lower your center of gravity to keep from getting pushed back from the recoil, you would necessarily want to shoot it directly from the crotch, a la the "Dusk till Dawn" crotch revolver.  :o

Wear a cup!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:42:34 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline Forced March

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »
On the contrary, I thought they'd be the best candidate as they eject up and the charging handle can be moved.  I have already bought all the broken pars to fix it, now I need three receiver stubs, without those, I got nothing...

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 03:13:36 AM »
On the contrary, I thought they'd be the best candidate as they eject up and the charging handle can be moved.  I have already bought all the broken pars to fix it, now I need three receiver stubs, without those, I got nothing...

Is this what you need?

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/receiver-stub

Offline Forced March

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »
Okay, I am hoping for saw cut ones BUT those might work, certainly harder to set up but probably be done.  I did ask Dan(CzechPoint) about saw cut ones, no go.  But you inspired me so I sent him another email just now about the torch cut ones lying around.  Thanks TJNewton.

After a month of correspondence with may manufacturers CNC warrior says they have four saw cut ones but after agreeing on $40 each they are now unsure if they want to send them to me - fuc*ing bast*rds!  Assault Weapons of Ohio sold me the shi* receivers.  They don't seem to give a shi*.  I'm really tired of being disregarded...  I hope everyone who reads this can learn from my suffering.  I've given alot of business to both companies and this sucks...