Author Topic: Sp-01 Shadow 2 question(s)  (Read 3104 times)

Offline olfarhors

Sp-01 Shadow 2 question(s)
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »
Just picked one up in grey and have a couple of questions.
1) it came with 2 thumb safeties, one appears to be more of a tactical safety as the paddle is wider, the one installed on the weapon is a flat thumb safety.
 I am just trying to confirm this is  in case one wants to change the thumb safeties?
 2) it came with a recoil buffer installed and a package of extras.
 MY question  is it required that a buffer be installed all the time or Is this more for heavy loaded 9 MM rounds that are pushing the envelope?
The weapon is extremely well finished, great tooling inside and out, a bit heavier than my Sp-01 tactical I have but it looks like a keeper, I got to get it to the range for a good workout soon.
nice light. short trigger rest in SA but the DA is kind of stout, nice and smooth but a tad heavy.
These question likely have been answered but I couldn't find them on the forum so appreciate any help .

Offline Severianjm

Re: Sp-01 Shadow 2 question(s)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
Yes, two safeties.  If you are using if for competition (USPSA), then the thin one is ideal.  You just ignore it. 

The recoil buffer is entirely optional.  I've run it with and without, but haven't noticed much different.  I am using at 10lb recoil spring now with the buffer.  Who knows if I'll keep it in.  I've shot 3 local USPSA matches and 1 major match with it.  Runs great. 

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
Thank you sir!
 pretty much what I suspected but could not find any info at CZ-USA online or anywhere, so figured at least one of you guys would know. The Buffer is likely out, I don't care for them although never really saw them except in 1911's.
I also should give a great big old THANKS to CZ USA for swapping out a dead Tritium front sight on my SP-01 tactical that was 30 months old, super nice exchange with them and they had my weapon done in 2 days.
course shipping was longer, but thanks CZ!
 that's one reason that I continue to come back as a customer.

Offline domyalex

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
Afaik this isn't like in the 1911 world where buffers are a hot topic; this it actually CZ recommendation.
Due to the CZ 75 design, the slide stop is considered a stressed part and the buffer actually helps in prolonging its life. That's why CZ is shipping most of their competition guns (with expected high round count lives) with buffers.

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
Afaik this isn't like in the 1911 world where buffers are a hot topic; this it actually CZ recommendation.
Due to the CZ 75 design, the slide stop is considered a stressed part and the buffer actually helps in prolonging its life. That's why CZ is shipping most of their competition guns (with expected high round count lives) with buffers.

First I'd heard of CZ being shipped with buffers.......couldn't hurt I suppose.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:55 AM »
 My two CZ 75s (75B & 75 Custom Shadow) didn't come with buffers.  None are listed on a parts lists or offered when searching CZC or CZ USA. 
My slide stops break at around 20,000 rds shooting 132-ish PF minor loads.  I'm not a big fan of adding more parts that can cause issues.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
Eye Dunt know??
thats why I asked!
 my P-01, my Sp-01 Tac, MY 97 BD  didn't have any buffers , so I figured as  the Sp-01 Shadow 2 came with them was basically because it is a competition inspired weapon and likely people would be putting  light recoil springs in them?
anywho thanks for the info.

Offline muncie21

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »
My S2, TSO and TS all came with buffers, extra slide stop and different/extra safeties.

P.S. OP, if you would like to relieve yourself of the wide safety (or the pair, left/right)  that came with your shadow, shoot me an IM.

Offline zombiecrisis

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »
What is the recoil spring weight as shipped from CZ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Elcid

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »
What is the recoil spring weight as shipped from CZ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13 lbs