Author Topic: Poor Reset & Fitting a T3 Disconnector  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Heisenberg

Poor Reset & Fitting a T3 Disconnector
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
I'm installing a CGW T3 (oversized) disconnector in my S2 and want to make sure I'm on the right track fitting it.  I have all the CGW parts in - race hammer, sear, springs, etc.  If I rack the slide and pull the trigger in SA, the hammer drops.  If I keep the trigger held in then slowly let it out to feel where it resets, the trigger doesn't reset.  Do I need to take a little more off the back of the disco leg  or is this issue affected by a different area.  Thanks!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Poor Reset & Fitting a T3 Disconnector
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
!!  Call/Contact CGW to get the fastest best way to procede with the fitting!!
David or one of the guys will help you through the procedures.

There are pics and methods in the stickies,  but my advice is to call and get it first hand.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »
It's only 8:15 mountain time. I bet David is still working. Call him.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:52:35 PM »
I spoke to him earlier and hate to bug him at all, let alone this late.  The trigger wasn't resetting when I racked the slide, but if I pulled the hammer back just a hair it would reset.  He said I was almost there and needed to file down the leg on the disco a little bit more.  I hate to take any more meat off the leg unless I know for sure that's the problem.

Offline copemech

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
Sounds like it is!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »
I spoke to him earlier and hate to bug him at all, let alone this late.  The trigger wasn't resetting when I racked the slide, but if I pulled the hammer back just a hair it would reset.  He said I was almost there and needed to file down the leg on the disco a little bit more.  I hate to take any more meat off the leg unless I know for sure that's the problem.

My 75 Shadow did the same with the slide OFF,  but worked fine for 20K rds with the slide on. The sear moves.
Make sure the trigger bar spring legs are in the slots and holding both sides up.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:50:36 PM »
My 75 Shadow did the same with the slide OFF,  but worked fine for 20K rds with the slide on. The sear moves.
Make sure the trigger bar spring legs are in the slots and holding both sides up.

Hmm... The spring is riding in the groove on one side of the trigger bar, but on the other side it's riding against the frame and the outside of the trigger bar.  It resets in DA.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
If the trigger bar spring is intact and working correctly you will need to take off a slight amount of metal off of the disco. You have to move the trigger far enough forward to reset. A tiny bit extra is even better after the gun warms up. All you are doing is moving the trigger forward when you take metal off of the disco when its in single action, a tiny bit of extra movement before the trigger hits the wall is best but be careful, it only takes a minute amount on the face of the disco to move the trigger a lot.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »
Thanks for the input, all.  I was a little apprehensive to keep filing down the disconnector because I've probably R&R'd it for sanding more than 3 dozen times.  It still needed a bit more taken off the leg and everything seems to be functioning now.  I'll test it out before a match tomorrow.   On the plus side, I can disassemble it and pull the hammer in less than a minute and my pretravel is down to 1.5mm  :D.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
Good job!

anything