Author Topic: Springfield and RRA cave  (Read 1255 times)

Offline PPS1980

Re: Springfield and RRA cave
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
2 board members are SA (Dennis Reese and another), 1 member is Larson from RRA and the last board member is the lobbyist. That comes from tax docs that were posted in a story from TTAG, not sure how reliable it all is.
And that is consistent with reports that SA has the most representation on the board.  Seems to me that SA and RRA claiming they had no idea is a bit far fetched with such a small and tight knit group owning/running the thing.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Diamondbackmike2004

• Shooters assume the firing position
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
I call BS! They knew damn well what they were doing.

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms can burn in hell.
I might know what im talking about....but today, I don't.....

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 01:47:21 AM »
Springfield is scampering to cover their butts. I received a Hi-Viz pink postcard yesterday from NRA-ILA urging me to contact my rep and ask him to vote NO on the bill, Springfield Armory sponsored the mailing.
My LGS had a thick pad of full color flyers today with SA's name at the top, with the same plea to call reps. and instructions on how to find your Rep's contact info....along with telling me how SA is leading the fight against the bill.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 08:26:05 AM »
Springfield is scampering to cover their butts. I received a Hi-Viz pink postcard yesterday from NRA-ILA urging me to contact my rep and ask him to vote NO on the bill, Springfield Armory sponsored the mailing.
My LGS had a thick pad of full color flyers today with SA's name at the top, with the same plea to call reps. and instructions on how to find your Rep's contact info....along with telling me how SA is leading the fight against the bill.

Funny, seems like the same behavior my son engaged in when he was 5 and caught doing something he knew was naughty.  SA was caught red handed selling out the LGSs and smaller companies and now they want us to believe that they are Sgt. Schultz and knew nothing!  Nope.  No SA purchases for me.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

I believed you. It's the CEO of SA I don't believe. Too conveniently self serving after dozens of forums have had thousands say they're boycotting SA.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
I'm done with both. That said, the only thing Springfield has that interests me would be a 1911 and there are plenty of other options out there. I do like the RRA AR safety lever, but I already bought those. A buddy of mine has a RRA AR in .308 and it is a tack driver. He's mad because the mags are proprietary and he refuses to buy from them now. Principals can be painful.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 10:44:27 PM »

I believed you. It's the CEO of SA I don't believe. Too conveniently self serving after dozens of forums have had thousands say they're boycotting SA.
I just wanted to post it so folks can see it.

anything