Author Topic: Springfield and RRA cave  (Read 3882 times)

Offline milq

• Steel on target
Springfield and RRA cave
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »
If you folks haven't heard, the IL Firearms Manufacturers Association removed their opposition to a bill in IL on Thursday in exchange for a carve out.
The bill attempts to create state level firearm dealer licensing, full of unknown fees and other various BS. Looks like Sen. Don Harmon wishes to put the local gun shops out of business, as well as limiting transfers by individuals.
The IFMA dropped their opposition after Manufacturers and large retailers were exempted from the bill. The IFMA is almost entirely funded by SA and RRA.
The CEO of SA put out a very weak public statement Friday, which does nothing to assuage concerns.
Be sure to stop by SA's FB page and leave a review and/or call both companies on Monday. (RRA apparently doesn't have a FB page)
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline eastman

Re: Springfield and RRA cave
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:33:04 PM »
I had been considering a Springfield EMP 4 (9mm) this year, but after their recent actions there is no way I will buy one.

Here is a picture of the new model from Springfield Armory - "The Judas"

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:13:06 AM by eastman »
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
Well the only way to properly payback SA and RRA is to boycott the company and refuse to purchase ANY of their products. I always liked SA but in light of this information I will never purchase another item from them.
This needs to spread across the internet like wildfire so these companies understand we who keep them in business can also put them out of business.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
SA has removed their rating/reviews from their FB page now.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 01:51:33 PM »

This needs to spread across the internet like wildfire so these companies understand we who keep them in business can also put them out of business.

It seems to be spreading, there's a growing thread on arfcom and a couple of others.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 11:52:23 PM »
Seems like dollars and cents is what most businesses listen to ultimately.......they got their money...errr "carve-out"....now they maybe need to loose it, plus, another way from consumers........ ???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:27:35 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline czharry

Springfield Statement Regarding Gun Dealer Licensing Act
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
They have recanted their vote, but what's done is done.

Springfield Armory? Blog
Springfield Armory Statement Regarding Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657)

Posted by Team Springfield

May 1, 2017 5:23:00 PM

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

?At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,? said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
stefanyr@springfield-armory.com

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657
- There's a storm coming -

CZ 75B  .40S&W
CZ 75B  9mm
CZ 50     x2
VZ 24
CZ 52     x4  (WTS)

S. Fla.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 06:27:45 AM »
My wife keeps telling me that we're going to run out of companies to boycott. We haven't been to Target since the bathroom debacle and won't ever go back. As for SA and RRA, they should have known better. Reap what you sow.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
From RRA:

For immediate release: 
May 2, 2017

After further review, Rock River Arms, Inc.?(RRA) is immediately severing all ties with  the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA). 
We feel that IFMA?s integrity is compromised and we will not be a  part of the organization. We  trusted that contributions and resources provided to IFMA by
RRA were  being used  to promote and uphold our  2nd Amendment values. IFMA?s actions have destroyed that trust.

The entire text may be found at:
http://rockriverarms.com/images/pdfs/RRA_Stmt217.pdf
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
One of the gun sites dug up financial records which showed that IFMA was providing campaign contributions to a number of anti-gun IL politicians.

Interesting that RRA decided to separate from IFMA. Springfield was always the main contributor to IFMA and there has been no statement that the lobbyist was being fired for his actions.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Triax60

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
One of the gun sites dug up financial records which showed that IFMA was providing campaign contributions to a number of anti-gun IL politicians.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-made-campaign-contributions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 09:54:19 AM »

Interesting that RRA decided to separate from IFMA. Springfield was always the main contributor to IFMA and there has been no statement that the lobbyist was being fired for his actions.

Springfield, now that the Sh*t has hit the fan, is backing away quickly.  Weird given their initial response coupled with the fact that they are the biggest contributor and have the majority of the board seats.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/robert-farago/springfield-armory-severs-ties-ifma-acting-principles/

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 05:09:03 AM »
Interesting and disturbing that a firearms manufacturers board would give contributions to openly anti pols and for obviously anti bills and think it wouldn't be seen? The make up of the board and what individuals made this decision might be enlightening.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
2 board members are SA (Dennis Reese and another), 1 member is Larson from RRA and the last board member is the lobbyist. That comes from tax docs that were posted in a story from TTAG, not sure how reliable it all is.

Offline PPS1980

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
2 board members are SA (Dennis Reese and another), 1 member is Larson from RRA and the last board member is the lobbyist. That comes from tax docs that were posted in a story from TTAG, not sure how reliable it all is.
And that is consistent with reports that SA has the most representation on the board.  Seems to me that SA and RRA claiming they had no idea is a bit far fetched with such a small and tight knit group owning/running the thing.