Author Topic: Feeling a little frustrated...  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Jkid01

Re: Feeling a little frustrated...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:15 PM »
 That's funny? I sent them a question on their fax page on the website and they responded via email that it was 30 inch pounds for the synthetic stock I think I still have the email when I get home if I can figure out how to link it on this forum I'll put it on here.
"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
– General Douglas MacArthur

Offline Jkid01

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
The action screws call for 30 in/lbs.

Thanks,

Dereck Miller
Sales Assistant
800-955-4486 x 334
fax: 913-321-2251
CZ-USA
"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

Offline painter

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
Is yours a synthetic stock, a laminate, or walnut? You said a Tacticool, which would be a laminate, which is wood. I'd go no higher than 25 in/lbs. Maximum torque isn't a necessity, or a recipe for accuracy, however, which is why Ronnie suggested starting at 15 lbs.
The action screws call for 30 in/lbs.

Thanks,

Dereck Miller
Sales Assistant
800-955-4486 x 334
fax: 913-321-2251
CZ-USA
Did you follow the link I posted? Where is he getting that number? You decide.

New isn't a guarantee, but it should be good. It was just something to check off the list.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Jkid01

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
 Sorry Painter I thought I had posted in my original post and it is a 455 American suppressor ready. It has the synthetic stock.  I'm not sure where he got his information other than he works for CZ? I used that link to specifically ask the about  torque specs for the synthetic stock. I clicked on the link at the bottom of the facts page to send them an email.  The only reason I went back to 30 was because I was trying to stay consistent with what it come from from the factory  just for the purpose of getting my baseline. I understand new is a guarantee so while I was shooting  I thought of that and I switch back-and-forth between a couple different ammo's remembering where one type was impacting to target and it would repeat to the same general area. Also for every adjustment I made my scope I would pick the rifle up about three or 4 inches off  The bags and drop it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:57:59 PM by Jkid01 »

Offline painter

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 06:20:40 AM »
Fair enough. I thought I had read Tacticool. No wood to crush.

Max torque on action screws really isn't necessary on a 22. Try playing around with the values.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Jedman7

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »
I realize this thread is now a month old, but personally I'd be happy with 1" to 1.5" groups at 50 yards.  Especially with a stock rifle.  As a hunter, for me, aiming at the head of a squirrel or rabbit, and my shot varying by less than an inch of where I'm aiming means a good, clean kill every time.
"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit."
TriStar T120 & C100

Offline Jkid01

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »
Yea a inch to inch and a half just don't please me. I have shot very little since the day I originally posted this so I really don't have a update. I have since shot a handful of Norma's out of the rifle with ok results but I feel I can do a lot better with I different ammo. Just hope to find some hp subsonics that the gun likes to eat!

Offline HDW58

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
The lower priced target ammo should give you some improvement, you will get fliers with those just not as many as the ammo you have been trying. Try a box or two of Center X or maybe some Eley Match to see if the rifle has potential, if it wont shoot accurately as you like with those or other similar ammo then you might need to have the barrel slugged to check for tight/loose spots before going any further, having the gun bedded,recrowned,headspaced,etc is a waste if the barrel is no good to start with. Another thing is we are talking about a mass produced hunting rifle not a bench gun. Good Luck with the rifle.

anything