Author Topic: Shadow2 Accuracy  (Read 1373 times)

Offline rhart

Shadow2 Accuracy
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »
What kind of accuracy are you all getting out of your Shadow2s?

Offline rhart

Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 11:27:36 PM »
My S2 came with a factory target that showed a dismal 79.3mm dispersion at 25 meters. The target from CZC showed a group a little over 1-inch, but I found out it was shot at ten-yards.
The best group I have been able to get shooting off a bag at 25-yards was 1.4" outside bullet hole to outside bullet hole last Friday. The second-best group, shot right after the 1.4" group was about 2-inches (also at 25-yards). I had been shooting 3 to 4 inch groups fairly consistently, except for a couple in the 2 3/4" range, just prior to these two groups. I was pretty surprised since I was shooting 147 gr RN (115 gr JHPs usually give me the best groupings in my CZs).

Offline TruckinThumper

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »
I dont have an S2, but my new SP-01 will hit a 6" plate at 35 yards  ;D

Offline rhart

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
I dont have an S2, but my new SP-01 will hit a 6" plate at 35 yards  ;D

I'd say that's good enough for government work.  ;)

Offline rhart

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »
I attempted to replicate or improve my groups using 115 gr JHP ammo from Freedom Munitions (new ammo) on Sunday, but was unsuccessful. I did get tighter groups overall on average, but I couldn't get close to the single 1.4" group from before. Most of my better groups were under three-inches. I got a couple groups with four of five shots very close together, but always had a single round flyer that screwed things up. I know it is the shooter and not the gun. 

Offline Joe L

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »
Rhart--give it another try.  I've had days when I couldn't shoot under 2" at 50 yards from a rest with any gun I have.  It was me.  Go back to the range rested, with minimal medications, and in a good mood.  That seems to help me get back on track.  And forget the last "bad" range session.  Start over, remain objective and confident. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
Haven't had a chance to take my Shadow 2 to the range yet, hopefully this week.
I hope that I get at least the same  accuracy from it that I do from my EAA Elite Match which prints  about 5 shot half inch groups at 7 yards standing unsupported.
4 inch groups  30 rounds at 10 yards and about the same 4 inch groups 30 rounds at 15 yards.
My eyesight and shaky arms are getting to old to do much better than that.
my regular SP-01 Tactical will print about 6-7 inch 10 shot groups from a  rest at 25 yards usually.

Offline rhart

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
Rhart--give it another try.  I've had days when I couldn't shoot under 2" at 50 yards from a rest with any gun I have.  It was me.  Go back to the range rested, with minimal medications, and in a good mood.  That seems to help me get back on track.  And forget the last "bad" range session.  Start over, remain objective and confident. 

Joe

Good advice Joe. I've  never tried shooting groups at 50 yards - maybe some day.

Offline rhart

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 12:23:23 PM »
Haven't had a chance to take my Shadow 2 to the range yet, hopefully this week.
I hope that I get at least the same  accuracy from it that I do from my EAA Elite Match which prints  about 5 shot half inch groups at 7 yards standing unsupported.
4 inch groups  30 rounds at 10 yards and about the same 4 inch groups 30 rounds at 15 yards.
My eyesight and shaky arms are getting to old to do much better than that.
my regular SP-01 Tactical will print about 6-7 inch 10 shot groups from a  rest at 25 yards usually.

I feel your pain, I have tremors and can't really shoot groups standing unsupported - I have to pull the gun up and take the shot quickly before the shaking takes over too much. My 65-year old eyes have to be just right in order to shoot halfway decent even from a rest and they are rarely 'just right.'

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »
I had a chance to pick up a Shadow 2, after looking it over I wasn't sold on them.....one issue I had was that the barrel bushing was just stock, the barrel actually rattled a bit, versus my SP01 with the CGW 10X that had a tight tolerance......the S2 was a knockout in the looks dept but functionally it was a little under-whelming.  ???

Online Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 01:39:39 AM »
Sounds like it needs the Cajun bushing Rhart!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline rhart

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 01:43:18 AM »
I had a chance to pick up a Shadow 2, after looking it over I wasn't sold on them.....one issue I had was that the barrel bushing was just stock, the barrel actually rattled a bit, versus my SP01 with the CGW 10X that had a tight tolerance......the S2 was a knockout in the looks dept but functionally it was a little under-whelming.  ???

I've heard others say that the lockup on their S2 didn't seem that tight. I'll bet the CGW bushing would fix it up.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
Finally got the Shadow 2 out to the range. in the first 50 rounds it shot a 1.150 5 shot unsupported standing group at 7 yards.
had several 5 shot groups of right at 1 inch to 1.5 inch.
 ran 150 rounds through it at a Human size Sil. from 7 yards to 25 yards standing and got a decent grouping for me of about 8 inches total for the 150 rounds fired.
likely get a  bit better as I get use to the weapon and it gets broken in just a tad.

Offline spiritfox

Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 10:27:56 PM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
3 MINUTES? :o
Outstanding!   I sure liked the "grip feel" with the one I had a chance to fondle. Absolutely the best grip I've experienced with almost all the full size steel CZs.  With the weight and balance I felt,  it shouldn't have much bbl movement with minor power factor loads.
Sounds like you feel the same. :)