Author Topic: Shadow2 Accuracy  (Read 978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CZ Aficionado

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 287
  • CZ's...what every other gun wishes it could be
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 06:59:13 AM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups! I can't even get those groups at 7 yards.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to say the shooter isn't a big part of the equation...but, having worked on a lot of guns over the years sometimes there is that magical mix of "everything" just blending so well, Those are just special. Someone once asked how to get their guns to function/feel the same....close is achievable, identical...not so much, always a lot of variables (shooter included  ;)  )...but when all the stars align it's pretty cool, those are the guns people should always keep  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:05:47 AM by CZ Aficionado »
You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it --Albert Einstien

Offline spiritfox

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 23
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

What holster are you using?
I have a few holsters for my Shadow 2.  Mostly because I initially had trouble finding one.  So now I have 3.  BladeTech (which I used for Steel Challenge) Red Hill Tactical and Double Alpha Academy IDPA PDR-Pro II. 

Offline rhart

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1539
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups!

It's easy. Steady hold and no movement of the gun due to pulling the trigger.  I have learned to do it 70% of the time.  It's the remaining 30% that I'm still working on.   :) :)

Here is the statistical aberration shooting my worn out and filthy Kadet, 25 yards, standing, single hand that I go back and look at every time I conclude it has to be impossible to put 10 shots in the 10 ring (much less the x) every day, regardless of politics, world news, back pain, bad ammo, dirty guns, poor attitude, lack of focus, wrong shoes, and bad weather. 



Joe

Wow, that's an excellent idea. A reality check by referencing what's possible based on previous results one has obtained. I'm going to try that.

Offline rhart

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1539
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:09 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

What holster are you using?
I have a few holsters for my Shadow 2.  Mostly because I initially had trouble finding one.  So now I have 3.  BladeTech (which I used for Steel Challenge) Red Hill Tactical and Double Alpha Academy IDPA PDR-Pro II.

Thanks for the info.

Offline SlvrDragon50

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1060
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
I definitely do much better with the Kadet, but I guess my hands just aren't super steady :( I know that my accuracy seems to be better with certain target types. Whenever I try to shoot blacked out targets I tend to have big groups.

Offline rhart

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1539
Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
I definitely do much better with the Kadet, but I guess my hands just aren't super steady :( I know that my accuracy seems to be better with certain target types. Whenever I try to shoot blacked out targets I tend to have big groups.

I've noticed that I shoot certain color targets better than others as well. I have also noticed that the bigger the target, the bigger the groups. I guess there is something to that phrase "aim small, miss small" after all. Of course the targets have to be of a size my eyes can see fairly well at the distance I'm shooting.

 

anything