Author Topic: Shadow2 Accuracy  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Joe L

Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »
Typical results.   :) :) :)

(but still excellent!!)
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 07:47:58 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming you start in DA (lower the hammer)? Wasn't sure if you started in SA with the safety engaged?...

Been thinking about trying mine for steel challenge. Ran my DW PM9 at a SC match yesterday.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 07:49:07 AM »
Went to range this afternoon with my Shadow2 + fully adjustable rear sight. Very consistent and fun to shoot.

5 shot group @ 15 yards unsupported free-standing

Is that the fully adjustable sight from CZ Custom? I keep going back and forth trying to decide if I really need the fully adjustable sight now that I've drifted the rear sight and windage is dead on....

Offline TexanFX2

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »
Yes, I have the new fully adjustable rear from CZCustom. It may be worth noting that when I adjusted the sight the first time I shot the S2 about two weeks ago, I had LOK bogies palm swells installed because they feel awesome and I can wrap my hands perfectly.

This time, I had the original grips installed since my friend wanted to see them and I forgot my LOKs at home. I don't like how the gun with these feel in my hands. Grip feels too "thin / slim" to me. You can see that I was pulling to the left. I put on gloves and I immediately started shooting dead center, but at that point I no longer had a clean/new target I could take a photo to show the difference.

I got home and first thing I did was replace the grips back to my LOKs. :D
Anyways, if there were any doubts about the Shadow2 accuracy, I think this shows it is pretty good.
Fact: Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized SP-01 Compact (CZ 75B Compact) | Cajunized Shadow 2 | CZ Kadet 2
For Sale: P-01 Omega (SOLD) | BNIB FNH Five Seven (Sold pending funds)

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »
Yes, I have the new fully adjustable rear from CZCustom. It may be worth noting that when I adjusted the sight the first time I shot the S2 about two weeks ago, I had LOK bogies palm swells installed because they feel awesome and I can wrap my hands perfectly.

This time, I had the original grips installed since my friend wanted to see them and I forgot my LOKs at home. I don't like how the gun with these feel in my hands. Grip feels too "thin / slim" to me. You can see that I was pulling to the left. I put on gloves and I immediately started shooting dead center, but at that point I no longer had a clean/new target I could take a photo to show the difference.

I got home and first thing I did was replace the grips back to my LOKs. :D
Anyways, if there were any doubts about the Shadow2 accuracy, I think this shows it is pretty good.

I also found the grips too thin for my hands. Got a pair of the LOK checkered palm swells which are much better.

Offline spiritfox

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming you start in DA (lower the hammer)? Wasn't sure if you started in SA with the safety engaged?...

Been thinking about trying mine for steel challenge. Ran my DW PM9 at a SC match yesterday.

Certainly not a dumb question--maybe a dumb answer from me but I actually do start with hammer back and safety engaged.  For my first match in December I used a Sig Legion 226 and decided to avoid the first pull DA--so tried a striker a couple of times.  Was even thinking of using a 1911 in 9mm--but decided to use my Shadow 2 Saturday and really enjoyed shooting with it.  And seemed to be a big confidence builder for me.  Only shooting at Level 1 so I don't really care what division I'm in so Limited suits me just fine. 

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »

Certainly not a dumb question--maybe a dumb answer from me but I actually do start with hammer back and safety engaged.  For my first match in December I used a Sig Legion 226 and decided to avoid the first pull DA--so tried a striker a couple of times.  Was even thinking of using a 1911 in 9mm--but decided to use my Shadow 2 Saturday and really enjoyed shooting with it.  And seemed to be a big confidence builder for me.  Only shooting at Level 1 so I don't really care what division I'm in so Limited suits me just fine.

Nice! You using the slimmer safety or did you install the wide safety?

Offline spiritfox

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »

Nice! You using the slimmer safety or did you install the wide safety?

I was thinking of changing it but decided to try the slimmer one installed.  I found it to be just fine and didn't have any issues disengaging the safety.  So I'll probably just leave it as is.  Still have to work on my accuracy at distance but this was by far my best match--didn't have Outer Limits in this match (7 stages) but The Pendulum was not pretty for me.

Offline rhart

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
Went to range this afternoon with my Shadow2 + fully adjustable rear sight. Very consistent and fun to shoot.

5 shot group @ 15 yards unsupported free-standing

Nice group!

Offline rhart

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 06:18:06 PM »

What holster are you using?

Offline rhart

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
A lot of people seem to be liking the LOK grips - I may need to try them out.

Offline TexanFX2

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 10:18:06 PM »
They are great! I like them so much I have them installed in all of my CZs!  O0
Fact: Cajunized SP-01 | Cajunized SP-01 Compact (CZ 75B Compact) | Cajunized Shadow 2 | CZ Kadet 2
For Sale: P-01 Omega (SOLD) | BNIB FNH Five Seven (Sold pending funds)

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 11:12:02 PM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups! I can't even get those groups at 7 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 06:14:20 AM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups!

It's easy. Steady hold and no movement of the gun due to pulling the trigger.  I have learned to do it 70% of the time.  It's the remaining 30% that I'm still working on.   :) :)

Here is the statistical aberration shooting my worn out and filthy Kadet, 25 yards, standing, single hand that I go back and look at every time I conclude it has to be impossible to put 10 shots in the 10 ring (much less the x) every day, regardless of politics, world news, back pain, bad ammo, dirty guns, poor attitude, lack of focus, wrong shoes, and bad weather. 

Joe
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:52:18 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 06:59:13 AM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups! I can't even get those groups at 7 yards.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to say the shooter isn't a big part of the equation...but, having worked on a lot of guns over the years sometimes there is that magical mix of "everything" just blending so well, Those are just special. Someone once asked how to get their guns to function/feel the same....close is achievable, identical...not so much, always a lot of variables (shooter included  ;)  )...but when all the stars align it's pretty cool, those are the guns people should always keep  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:05:47 AM by CZ Aficionado »

anything