Author Topic: Anyone have experience with the CZ Drake?  (Read 488 times)

Offline ajandrs

Anyone have experience with the CZ Drake?
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
Obviously the Drake is the entry level O/U for CZ coming in at only $630 (MSRP), but the search feature didn't bring up anything "Drake" related so hoping someone here has shot it. I've been using my Franchi Affinity (semi-auto) for sporting clays, trap, and pheasants and it performs flawlessly but I'm getting tired of flinging shells at the guy next to me, and then having to go pick them up after each station. A simple but reliable O/U is in my future but my disposable income limits me to this price range unfortunately.

Coincidentally, my youngest boy is named Drake so I'm perceiving that as a sign from above!!   :D

Offline oldfrank

Re: Anyone have experience with the CZ Drake?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
Not the Drake but an older entry level CZ O/U the Mallard.

My friend and I both bought these 12GA shotguns to shoot in a monthly sporting clays match.  We probably fired 1000 rounds the first year and I probably did another 500 shooting doves and both guns were 100%.

Another friend has the more expensive model and has had no problems with it either.

My killing clays and doves was not 100% but that was not the shotguns fault.

I would have no problem buying a Drake or any other CZ shotgun.

Offline ajandrs

Re: Anyone have experience with the CZ Drake?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 12:49:19 PM »
Thanks Frank, good to know I can get it with confidence! My CZ experience is limited to handguns and I've never even seen or handled their long guns. Hoping to change that here soon!!

anything