Author Topic: SP-01 in stock at Kentucky Gun Club  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Jester435

Re: SP-01 in stock at Kentucky Gun Club
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
Sure wish it was the tactical

the tacitcal can be found in shops everywhere. There is like zero demand for the tactical since the trigger cant be as good as the manual safety version.
I have a SP-01 Tact and my trigger is nice and butter smooth. I have the CGW Pro-Package installed along with their barrel bushing and the gun is awesome. I had the 11.5# hammer spring and my DA pull was right at 5# and my SA is at 2# and I get 100% reliability. I put in the 13# hammer spring only because the DA pull was scary light.

rich63

big reason that all competition shooters stay away from the decocker version. not saying yours doesnt have a good trigger. I am sure it does, but reality is the manual safety will always be better.
CZ P07 Cajun Pro-Grade Urban Grey
CZ 75 SP01 Cajun Production Legal Kit
CZ P01 Omega Cajun Pro-Grade
CZ 75b Pro-Grade Urban Grey

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »

the tacitcal can be found in shops everywhere. There is like zero demand for the tactical since the trigger cant be as good as the manual safety version.
I have a SP-01 Tact and my trigger is nice and butter smooth. I have the CGW Pro-Package installed along with their barrel bushing and the gun is awesome. I had the 11.5# hammer spring and my DA pull was right at 5# and my SA is at 2# and I get 100% reliability. I put in the 13# hammer spring only because the DA pull was scary light.

rich63

big reason that all competition shooters stay away from the decocker version. not saying yours doesnt have a good trigger. I am sure it does, but reality is the manual safety will always be better.

Can you explain why? CGW told me over the phone they hate people saying this and it's 100% false.

Offline rich63

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 05:01:40 PM »

rich63

Not sure if all competition shooters use manual safety guns or not. My SP-01 Tact trigger is not only good it is superb. When I was doing the upgrades to my SP-01 Tact, I spoke to David quite a bit about the process. He told me that decocker triggers can be made just as good as a manual safety trigger. I have several friends that have CZ's, and my trigger is far better than theirs. Why? Not sure. Perhaps mine is very well broken in, or maybe the polishing of the internals who knows. Like David told me once not all CZ guns are made 100% exactly the same. Guns can and do have different tolerances and variances. Perhaps this is it. All I know is my SP-01 Tact has the best DA trigger pull I have ever experienced.

rich63

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »

Can't find one around here to save my life, I have a safety version SP01 with a great trigger, but prefer the decocker, would be willing to trade straight up with anyone that is looking to go the other way around in the triad area of NC.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Jester435

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »

rich63

Can you explain why? CGW told me over the phone they hate people saying this and it's 100% false.

the short answer is the decocker has more parts in the fire control assy: lever, spring, linkage.  Adds to trigger weight and a little more complicated to work on.  It can be tuned up nicely, but not quite as easily.

I can see you are very loyal to your decocker version, but that is a big reason why demand has always been extremely high for manual safety and you can find the tacitcal version almost everywhere.

My trigger job was done by Automatic Accuracy and have about 2K rounds through my SP01 in the last 2 months and I have never shot a decocker version of SP01 that had the same quality of trigger as mine. I have shot several others SP01 that shoot USPSA production that had similar quality trigger jobs as mine. I also shoot alot more than the average shooter on this forum I am sure. going through about 1K per month minimum. 

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:01:29 PM by Jester435 »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »
"I also shoot alot more than the average shooter on this forum I am sure. going through about 1K per month minimum." 
I don't think this proves anything at all. But thanks for sharing.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 10:44:16 PM »
the short answer is the decocker has more parts in the fire control assy: lever, spring, linkage.  Adds to trigger weight and a little more complicated to work on.  It can be tuned up nicely, but not quite as easily.

I can see you are very loyal to your decocker version, but that is a big reason why demand has always been extremely high for manual safety and you can find the tacitcal version almost everywhere.

My trigger job was done by Automatic Accuracy and have about 2K rounds through my SP01 in the last 2 months and I have never shot a decocker version of SP01 that had the same quality of trigger as mine. I have shot several others SP01 that shoot USPSA production that had similar quality trigger jobs as mine. I also shoot alot more than the average shooter on this forum I am sure. going through about 1K per month minimum.

I would be interested to hear the long answer. The short answer was unclear. I have heard several people try to justify this misconception, so far you could be doing better.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline cntrydawwwg

SP-01 in stock at Kentucky Gun Club
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

rich63

So not one competition shooter uses a Tactical? Hmmmm, must be some frauds on here talking about shooting competition with their decockers
     Maybe instead of making a broad statement of fact, just say it's your opinion. That would probably avoid the "Mines better than yours" arguments.
     I say shoot what you want, but don't try to convince an Internet forum that "All competition shooters stay away from the decocker version". That right there is a pretty broad statement that has absolutely zero fact to it. There may be a lot of competitors that shoot with a safety, but you won't convince anyone that not one single person shoots a decocker
    By the way, I don't shoot competition, and I could not care any less what someone chooses to shoot. As long as they're out having fun, who cares.

Edit..... Whoops, now I'm gonna just be accused of being loyal to my decockers, (yes, I own decockers). *Sigh*, oh well, let the rant begin.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:28:49 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Jester435

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
I have zero reason to convince anyone of a decocker over a manual safety. Just that one is extremely popular over the other when it comes to competition. I am perfectly fine with anyone's choice because it isn't mine. The truth is that manual safety has a better trigger over decocker and it is funny how someone uses Cajun gunworks as their end all be all for the discussion. When I emailed multiple companies Automatic Accuracy, CZ custom, and Cajun all agreed that Manual safety was the better choice for competition due to how the gun is built.

I also believe that round count is very important because CZ naturally smooth out when you shoot them a lot. You can artificially created the same type of smoothing using a dremel, but if you do both then your gun truely gets smooth.

The truth is out there in supply and demand which is what my entire point is based on. the tactical model can be found anywhere and always for a good price. The manual safety on the other hand is highly sought after and Kentucky Gun Club having it in stock and onsale has been a rare sight for the last few years.

Enjoy shooting because in the end that is what matters. Having fun and being safe!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:59 PM »
I have zero reason to convince anyone of a decocker over a manual safety. Just that one is extremely popular over the other when it comes to competition. I am perfectly fine with anyone's choice because it isn't mine. The truth is that manual safety has a better trigger over decocker and it is funny how someone uses Cajun gunworks as their end all be all for the discussion. When I emailed multiple companies Automatic Accuracy, CZ custom, and Cajun all agreed that Manual safety was the better choice for competition due to how the gun is built.

I also believe that round count is very important because CZ naturally smooth out when you shoot them a lot. You can artificially created the same type of smoothing using a dremel, but if you do both then your gun truely gets smooth.

The truth is out there in supply and demand which is what my entire point is based on. the tactical model can be found anywhere and always for a good price. The manual safety on the other hand is highly sought after and Kentucky Gun Club having it in stock and onsale has been a rare sight for the last few years.

Enjoy shooting because in the end that is what matters. Having fun and being safe!

Jester repeating what you have already stated instead of explaining your statement when asked makes it look like you can not answer the question. I am just going to assume that you are repeating something that you have heard rather than your interpretation being based off of an actual understanding of the pistols mechanics.

Accuracy of information is important around here, in the future please try to keep this in mind.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:28:23 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 7Left

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
I'd rather take a decocker model, but I just don't like the placement of the CZ decocker.

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »
I'd rather take a decocker model, but I just don't like the placement of the CZ decocker.

Why? It's out of the way and you don't need to use it in the heat of things

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »

rich63

So far just about in everything you seem to know only enough to get you in trouble. You are very incorrect and also demand is "extremely high" for manual safety and you can find the tactical version almost everywhere...

Yet KYGun has the manual safety in stock and is sold out of the tactical.... 

I can't tell if you are serious or just trolling the boards with your posts.

Offline 7Left

SP-01 in stock at Kentucky Gun Club
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 11:11:42 AM »

Why? It's out of the way and you don't need to use it in the heat of things

I grip thumbs forward. It feels awkward if I place my right thumb directly underneath or against the lever because of the way the lever pad sticks out. I just prefer to ride my thumb over the safety lever, like shooting a 1911.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:13:28 AM by 7Left »

Offline v35

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
If you liked the SP-01 at $569.99, you're gonna love it at $549.99!

The KY Gun Co deal is back and better than ever: https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41133

Free shipping.

"Sale Ends 9/17/17"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:45:15 PM by v35 »