Author Topic: CZ-USA... Very Shocked With C/S  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Screwball

CZ-USA... Very Shocked With C/S
« on: May 04, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
I've been browsing the forum for a while now, but wanted to ask what the general consensus is with CZ-USA's customer service...

I picked up a SP-01 last July, and really liked it. Was my first CZ, and was impressed with the value equation... as it was under $700. I'm more of a Beretta guy, but felt it definitely is on par with other major manufacturers.

Picked up a Kadet kit, as well as a few odds/ends, but my one issue with the gun was the hammer. I liked the older spur hammer... which I felt awesome that I found one that would fit my gun on CZ-USA's webstore.

From looking around on the internet, I opted to have a gunsmith do the swap, as I rather pay someone else to have patients than pull my hair out when it doesn't work out easily. So, dropped into my gunsmith to have it swapped in two weeks back. Came out with the frame, saying that the safety doesn't work with the new hammer, and can't fit the hammer as there isn't enough material when comparing to the original hammer. Walking out, I paid $25 for him to take the gun apart and put it back together.

The next day, I called CZ-USA... being I was very annoyed. Got customer service, as it was what I figured would be the right department. The representative said it would go to parts, but they were not in today. He took my info, and said he would pass the info along to them.

The following week, I called the parts department... and rang to voicemail. Told them that I called before, unhappy that my gunsmith was not able to fit the hammer as there wasn't enough material to accomplish that (I figured the hammer was out of spec), and was out the cost of the hammer, and gunsmith fees to reassemble my gun... and still have the gun exactly how it was beforehand.

After that, I started doing some research... and eventually ordered the CGW adjustable sear. Came in earlier this week, and I actually dropped the gun/parts off to the gunsmith today. So, hopefully I'll have the setup that I wanted sometime in the next few days.

So, I should have got a call from CZ regarding my original complaint, right? I mean, they aren't psychic... so can't know I had to go aftermarket to make it work. As it sits, they have an unsatisfied customer, who purchased a gun, then parts that do not work in it.

Just want to see if this is normal for CZ-USA. Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful I got this situated, but there was no info on this taking anymore than a gunsmith should install it. To be honest, I doubt I'd buy another CZ (or recommend them) if that is what I have to look forward to if I ever need help from the company (parts, warranty, etc). I don't need a company to call up and kiss my butt, but how do you not touch base with your users to make sure they are good?

Will post pictures when it is finished, but it is a normal SP-01. Put on Hogue G10 grips, and had CCR plate the grip screws, CGW guide rod, and barrel. Eventually, I will likely have them do the entire gun (and the Kadet kit)... but want to do magazines with them. I'm currently in NJ, so all my magazines are 15 rounders. Rather get 16+ magazines for that.

Ron M.

Re: CZ-USA... Very Shocked With C/S
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
The 2 times I've dealt with CZ-USA CS they were superb. I had a P07 Duty that had the serial number plate pop off and was lost. They paid shipping both ways. Shipped Dec 18th 2015 and even over the Christmas and New Years time frame had a new current model P07 to me on Jan 11th .  The other problem was a bad magazine for a new 7.62 527 carbine, they had a replacement to me in a week.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »
Hammer was not out spec. Spur hammer has competiton hammer geometry.
gunsmith should have fitted the sear or the safety to the new geometry. no big deal. just need someone familiar with CZ mechanics.

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
They may have been at the NRA convention?

And so you wanted to customize your gun with a hammer from a different gun and you give it to a smith who is not CZ fluent and then blame the importer for not bailing you out?

Really? You could have asked here, you know. Not trying to bust your bubble, but it is a two way street!

Offline Screwball

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:15:50 PM »
Hammer was not out spec. Spur hammer has competiton hammer geometry.
gunsmith should have fitted the sear or the safety to the new geometry. no big deal. just need someone familiar with CZ mechanics.

Understood... which is why I got the CGW sear. Prior to looking it up (occurring after the second call, as they were not getting back to me), that was my view... and the gunsmith's at that time.

They may have been at the NRA convention?

If that is the case, they go out a week prior to it?

The representative said that they weren't there that day, not that they were out for an extended period of time. Even if that was the case, still plenty of time to call back... either from the message that representative took or the voicemail I left a couple days later.

And so you wanted to customize your gun with a hammer from a different gun and you give it to a smith who is not CZ fluent and then blame the importer for not bailing you out?

Hammer from a different gun? It clearly states that it works with the SP-01 and Kadets... in the product description.

The gunsmith I use is a gunsmith... that same listing does not say anything about a "CZ gunsmith." They just recommend a gunsmith to do the install, which is what I did.

But most importantly, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't ask CZ to do anything other than call me back regarding a hammer they list as working with my pistol, which did not. They send the hammer in a bag, no documentation or instructions. There is no mention of fitting the sear/safety to the hammer... which my gunsmith didn't want to start doing and have to get new parts if that wasn't the way to do it.

Really? You could have asked here, you know. Not trying to bust your bubble, but it is a two way street!

Well, if you actually read my post, you'd see that I did look into it, and ordered the CGW sear to solve the issue. Sorry, but if I search for something and get an answer... I really don't see the point for asking (gun, hammer, and sear are all at the gunsmith, for when he clears the work he has before it). Questioning CZ-USA's customer service was something I didn't see in the few searches on it I made, which resulted in this thread.

If you really must know, I saw this hammer on CZ-USA's website around Christmas. I emailed them regarding it working with my gun, being the reviews conflicted with what they wrote it worked with (still is on the page, if you want to check). Never got a response. After that (beginning of February), I posted a thread on AR15.com... asking the same question I sent to CZ-USA. One member said his worked in his  75 Compact, and said to join here... which I did after that.

Sorry if I'm pissing on your favorite manufacturer... but if I leave two messages regarding something, I expect a reply. Two way street? Should I have went out to Kansas City to get a response? I think I did enough to try and make contact with them, and did not get an answer.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:20:44 PM by Screwball »

Offline Vinny

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »
OK, I love my CZ's but I've had a similar experience with CZUSA Parts department. Almost identical scenario. Any time I've ordered parts online no problem.

But the one time I had a question about a part (? SP-01 stock recoil spring #); I tried filling out the email form twice; no response. Then called Customer Service, same very cordial person said that's a question for Parts, but they didn't answer so I left a voicemail. No response after several days. Finally I gave up and started using this Forum and found it to be a wealth of info and very knowledgeable and helpful members.

But, I have to agree with Screwball; even if they don't know the answer; they could at least respond by email or phone. If they're going to be away for an extended period they could leave that on their voice message prompt. BTW, they never did respond; but I got my answers off the Forum and ordered the parts I needed online.

Just Say'in
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:40:05 PM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 11:52:12 PM »
This ain't AR15.com, so calm down. "Slow breath in, hold, .....slow breath out."
   All better now?
  I agree about not hearing back. These things happen tho, some guys can get a quick response by email, others don't. I've had messages go unanswered before also. (Also parts dept.) Now, I don't leave a message, if I can't talk to a live person, I call back. Heck, I even had to get a manager involved just to get the free PCR slide stop for my Kadet on my P01. Actually had the employee argue with me, even told him at what time on the video, on their site, that it said it would be free of charge.
   The company themselves is awesome. Sometimes an employee unhappy in their job,......... "Oh my God!, I actually have to work to get paid? Uh, whatever, I'll do as little as possible"..... not so much.
    Unfortunately you had a bad experience that hopefully won't repeat itself. Out of all the companies I've done business with, I can count on one hand how many rank in my A+ list. CZUSA maybe gets an A. CS has gone down all across the country.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:58:42 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 12:07:39 AM »
I think the CZUSA Parts person is M.I.A. and busy assembling orders and shipping P-10's.   ::)
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 12:37:28 AM »
Yea... all the blame is on your gunsmith. Not well versed in CZs. If you asked any of us here, we would have given you the solution in a second.

Offline Droopy

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 02:07:10 AM »
I am one who can understand both sides of this story. I am sorry you had such a bad experience with cs. I also agree that you should have gotten a call back. Where I think the glitch comes in is I think your gunsmith should have been doing the checking if you had told him where you got the parts from. Also the parts department and CS are different although there should be internal communication at CZUSA. I have had great service from CS and they were more than efficient and kind to me, that being said I can tell you that I am also like you about bad service and never purchasing a product again.Last year I bought a Walther PPQ and right out of the box the gun would not run any ammo through it with different ammo and magazines when I contacted their cs not only did they not help but even when I got there manager he told me I would have to pay shipping and any cost of time and parts for their gunsmiths to look at my gun. This held true even after I emailed him a copy of my receipt for the gun that was not even 2 weeks old. After arguing with them and going on various forums for Walther products and asking about CS and even calling out the manager by name on the forum all while informing him of what I was doing. He finally sent me a sticker to return my gun to them. Within a week I got a email stating that it had in fact been there fault and the gun was finally fixed for free. When I got the gun back I took it to the range and made sure it worked and promptly sold it and another PPQ I owned. I can tell you to I would not take another Walther if you gave it to me for free. So I understand your frustration with CZUSA especially when to me looking in at this from the outside you did more work to correct the issue than your gunsmith and CZUSA did who in my opinion both hold some responsibility in this. Your gunsmith because as a craftsman he should be able to admit that he doesn't know everything about every gun and should have been doing the digging not you and then let you know that you needed the sear before buying one to fix your gun, it only makes sense that you may not know you needed it to begin with and there is nothing wrong with him informing you with proper and sound advice that the sear was needed. It is also partly CZUSA's fault for not getting back with you in a prompt and efficient manner. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in your shoes on the one hand I hate bad service but unlike with Walther who after looking into it has been notoriously bad CS and then for the most part CZ has a good reputation. And I will not slam your gunsmith but I do put a bit and only a bit more blame on him since I do think that as a craftsman he should have done the investigating as a craftsman to better his craft. I mean I doubt the likes of Stuart and CGW got where they are by not investigating and not asking others questions themselves. A true craftsman is always looking for answers and aren't afraid to ask questions

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 03:26:20 AM »
Awesome first two posts.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything