Author Topic: Tailhook vs SBT Evo first impressions  (Read 13494 times)

Offline Natetron

Re: Tailhook vs SBT Evo first impressions
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 11:42:23 PM »
I am guess the Adapter is for the factory stock.  Has anyone done one with a magpul zhukov stock  or is that not possible. 

I have been trying to get a SBT EVO, but also wouldn't mind doing this, if I knew that having the stock with the tailhook was ATF approved.   

Are you legally able to order and have a stock in possession without a stamp.  Could they say you have intent on using the stock?

Offline williamc

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »
The adapter is for the factory stock. I just made sure that my CZ and the stock were never in the same location at the same time until I could get them separated. Not sure how much the ATF cares about such things, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

I don't think you could put a Tailhook on a Zhukov stock without some major surgery.

The Tailhook's ATF letter references the previous brace ruling recently clarified by the ATF. While the newest clarification letter doesn't mention GHW by name, it is much more likely that it falls under the same rules as the SB Tactical.  This whole situation is such a mess, you have to decide if that's good enough for you.

Having had the Tailhook for the better part of a week, I think it's pulling away from the SBT Evo as my preferrred solution.  Pretty happy with how it works.  I shortened the LOP on my adapter to 12.25", and I found that the brace functionality was improved significantly.  I also like how it tucks in when shouldered. This is really a phenomenal solution.  At this point I don't think there's much advantage to the functionality of an SBR over the versatility of keeping it a braced pistol.

William

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:57:12 PM by williamc »
CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 Pistol
http://www.instagram.com/wcpewpew/

Offline Natetron

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 12:13:42 AM »
Well I just found a place that is selling the TailHook, just hope it doesn't take forever to get one. Now I need to find a stock to order. Is there one that is made in the USA?  Also the file you posted in the one thread, is that the latest update for it?  I will either talk to Protolab or possibly have my sister inlaws brother print one for me. 

Yea I like having this in pistol form if can be shouldered, but I am waiting for a stamp.  Partly why I would rather spend the money on a stock instead of something that can't be used after I get stamp.   But on the other hand even if you had something like a SBT EVO it wouldn't be hard to resell.

Offline williamc

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:29 AM »
Well I just found a place that is selling the TailHook, just hope it doesn't take forever to get one. Now I need to find a stock to order. Is there one that is made in the USA?  Also the file you posted in the one thread, is that the latest update for it?  I will either talk to Protolab or possibly have my sister inlaws brother print one for me.

The stock doesn't have to be 922r compliant if it is a pistol. Even if it did, the Tailhook replaces the part that is officially the "stock" and is made in the USA.

The file on the other thread doesn't belong to me.

That was my thought too. If I did want to SBR my CZ, I'll already have the right components for when the stamp is approved.

Thanks!

William
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:26:08 AM by williamc »
CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 Pistol
http://www.instagram.com/wcpewpew/

Offline Natetron

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
I am waiting for a stamp, so it will become a SBR eventually.  Oh okay, I for some reason was thinking it was.

Offline Natetron

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 01:36:36 AM »
Ordered!!! This bleep thing is costing me way to much money in the last week.

Offline Jlui83

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 07:06:20 AM »
Where did you order from?

Offline Natetron

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »
Sorry guys was at work today so never got this posted. I wanted to make sure they were legit before I posted it on here, and was able to talk to gear head works and they are a actual seller of them.  I called sandersarmory and they got a 100 in today. I am not sure what if any left now. https://sandersarmoryusa.com/

Offline Jjason

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 11:36:28 PM »
I also ordered from Sanders, hoping they ship quick

Offline Natetron

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 11:48:49 PM »
When I talked to them,it sounded like they would be shipping them by tomorrow, but obliviously if they are shipping out a 100, it might take them a little time to get to everyone.

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »
They are listing in stock now. That won't last long.

Offline Jjason

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 05:38:24 PM »
Looks like mine shipped out today.

Offline Natetron

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:24 AM »

I got my Tailhook today. :)

Offline ItsRainingLead

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:02 PM »
Have my tailhook. Have my stock. No adapter! Boooooo